Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book about security bodyguard experiences

Options
  • 08-12-2006 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Sorry, first time on this sub-forum.

I might be misremembering but I think I remember an Irish ex-army/UN/etc... guy recently wrote a book about his experiences as a bodyguard for oil workers in Iraq or elsewhere.

If so, does anyone know the name of the book, where I can get it and (given an inch, take a mile) ISBN.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Only one that springs to mind is Highway to Hell by John Geddis.But he is UK.
    That is currently available in Easons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Will get it from the local library.
    Any similiar books you all would suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭komsomol

Irish Army related books, Check out "Siege at Jadotville" by Declan Power.
    ISBN: 0-9548707-1-9

Its about A Coy, 35th Inf Batt in the Congo in the early 60's.

Pretty interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

The Contractor by R Saint Hilaire....If memory serves me correct its fiction.

A Bloody Business by Colonel Gerald Schumacher

Highway To Hell by John Geddes

The Reluctant Mercenary by Tim Smith Ex Army helicopter pilot is a contractor in the Anti Terrorist war in Sri Lanka.

Cindy In Iraq by Cynthia I. Morgan Book bout a truck driver Contractor who worked for KBR in Iraq.

Licenced To Kill by Robert Young Pelton GREAT READ

Making A Killing by James Ashcroft The Explosive story of A hired gun in Iraq.
    Also a great read.......

Contractors in Iraq and in general is my thing(hobby) also Special forces etc......

Hoped the above titles are sufficient...
    Couple of DVD'S about contractors aswell if anyone is interested???
    No books yet from any ex Irish Army to my knowledge..If anybody finds any good sites or books pm me or post on this thread.
    Regards Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Nice list Ronan.. I am currently reading 'Licensed to Kill', and yes it is a great read... I must check out some of the ones you have listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

No probs there are a few dvds and online videos of contractors bodyguards in iraq..Have a search on youtube or google video..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Just finished watching 'Shadow Company'. Not a bad documentary at all, and Robert young Pelton is one of the interviewees. Recommend watching it if ya can get yer hands on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

komsomol wrote:
    Irish Army related books, Check out "Siege at Jadotville" by Declan Power.
    ISBN: 0-9548707-1-9

Its about A Coy, 35th Inf Batt in the Congo in the early 60's.

Pretty interesting.

Nice to see how well Mr Power has been doing since leaving the army.

Advertisement