Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xda Exec - Vodafone Live?

• 08-12-2006 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a Vodafone SIM in my Xda Exec. I've put in the APN as isp.vodafone.ie and it's connected to the internet without any issues.

The one problem I have is that I can't connect to Vodafone Live. The page should load if I go to http://live.vodafone.com - right?

Do Vodafone restrict access based on the handset or something?

It's a RTG SIM.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yes they do restrict access based on handset
    It must be a "Vodafone Live approved handset"
    Does it redivert you to the old WAP page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

create a profile with the apn set to live.vodafone.com and username and password both set to dublin in lowercase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@whisht - it just gives me a 404

@wirelessdude - Didn't add any passwords as it seemed fine without, with the exception of Vodafone Live. Will try with user/pass when I get home from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

ciaranfo wrote:
    I've got a Vodafone SIM in my Xda Exec. I've put in the APN as isp.vodafone.ie and it's connected to the internet without any issues.

The one problem I have is that I can't connect to Vodafone Live. The page should load if I go to http://live.vodafone.com - right?

Do Vodafone restrict access based on the handset or something?

It's a RTG SIM.

Any suggestions?

As well as using the live.vodafone.com APN, you have to fool it into believing you are an 'approved' handset. For internet explorer, the registry key to change is:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\]
    Change (Default) from Mozilla/4.0 to 'Nokia6630' and clear all the other values such as compatible, Desc, Platform, UA-language, Version.

You may need to reboot after making these changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

hi skearon

does this hack work on htc tornado?

damo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

damo86 wrote:
    hi skearon

does this hack work on htc tornado?

damo

Never tried it, however I would suspect it should work on all Pocket PCs/Smartphones with IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

hi skearon

Can you tell what parts to change as my reg entry looks like this:
    Vodafone/1.0/v1240/1.5.483.4/Mozilla/4.0

damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Will have a look at that soon as I get myself a registry editor. Cheers Skearon.

Advertisement