Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnet broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Izmak

Izmak wrote: »
    @MagnetNetworks

I emailed them again yesterday. The Technicolor Firmware patch for Customers also using their Phone Service is out, and if you call them up they should be able to issue the patch to you. It upgraded the Router firmware from Version 10.2.5.5.BL to 10.5.2.R.DEMO, so hopefully the issues are resolved now.

Now I just need them to increase my 'Net speed again.

Aaaaaaaaaand Net speed increased.

Hopefully this is the last of the issues for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I rang and got mine patched, gonna put it through its paces now tonight.

phill106 wrote: »
    I rang and got mine patched, gonna put it through its paces now tonight.

Please do, I'm in the office until gone midnight tonight, so I'll be watching this thread. :p

Please do, I'm in the office until gone midnight tonight, so I'll be watching this thread. :p

Well i have a few things which ALWAYS made it fall over, so ill try them :)

Seems ok so far, havent had a reboot since, and It would definitely have gone by now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

I am having the same issue. Speeds drop after around 7pm. My software version is: 10.4.B.B.BE

No disconnects, even overnight, I must run some speed tests though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

Do i have to ring them to get the software update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bloodyhawk wrote: »
    Do i have to ring them to get the software update?

This is what I'm wondering?

Thought it would be automatic....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fanta2009

Hi, just wondering what the dsl username might be for a technicolor magnet router? My connection was activated today but still nothing coming through. Magnet told me wait until tonight or tomorrow but Im desperate so I looked at the router config and taught the username might include my account number or something but instead its magnet @ magnetbusiness. ie
    Cheers in advance.

• Advertisement

fanta2009 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what the dsl username might be for a technicolor magnet router? My connection was activated today but still nothing coming through. Magnet told me wait until tonight or tomorrow but Im desperate so I looked at the router config and taught the username might include my account number or something but instead its magnet @ magnetbusiness. ie
    Cheers in advance.

Think its your account number@magnet.ie

The PW may be account number also, try that if you have it

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fanta2009

Gave it a go but still the same, just taught the original username looked strange. Might just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

3789282869.png

Not one reboot since the firmware update!
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3792962292

I'm the same tbf magnet were good to me regarding loss of service got a couple of bills wiped

I got one bill wiped, they said to come back to them once its resolved for any talk of compenstation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I have Magnet in three flats currently. For the past year I have been extremely happy with their service and have had no problems, however I recently had issue at one location with the AerTV service and after four emails and contacting their complaints no one has even attempted to help me.

I just wanted to share this to let people know the customer service for Magnet is an oxymoron, it is non-existent. You pay for a service and when it works its brilliant, but any problems you might as well open the window and shout out in the streets because it will do as much good.

I must say right now switching back to Eircom or UPC, and I LOATH both companies, is seeming more and more like the only solution.

The first time I emailed in regards to my AerTV not working they told me, and this is not a joke, that I can get it on my laptop so not to worry. Seriously? I pay for your TV service and your service stops working and your response is 'hey just stream it on your computer instead'.

The second time I contacted them they told me my flat didn't have the service and that was the problem. As I have multiple accounts they looked at my email address and made the assumption that was the account I was contacting them about.

After that I sent a strongly worded email and they completely blocked my email address from their system.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

support@magnet.ie

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain magnet.ie by mail.magnet.ie. [85.91.6.66].

At this point I was three weeks in with no service and they were not responding to emails, refusing to even hear about the problems. I then emailed the complains line to have Gary, which I am assuming is the same Gary in this forum, tells me 'sorry, your name is not on the bill at this flat so we are not going to investigate your problem or speak to you'.

Because you know thats a thing, people calling up saying their neighbours broadband services are not working and asking for them to have a look.

When I turn on my box I see the dots turning green until the last one that it just seems to hang on -

2mIaeV.jpg

For some reason getting an answer to why this is happening or what you can do to fix it seems to be up there with who shot Kennedy and no one at Magnet has even attempted to help me with this.

Poor form Magnet. Very poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

FYI Douglas residents Cork

Moved into the Maryboro Woods estate in Douglas. Got magnet broadband as there was no way of UPC in this estate. The previous tenant also had magnet so we just got a router couriered to us. It worked a for few hours last night but tonight it is not working at all. Its says its connected on my PC and strength is excellent but it doesn't work

The green broadband light on the router which should be on , tends to flash & also just goes off. I have reset the router to factory settings, made sure all cables are secure but still not working. I find it hard how to see the previous tenant stayed with magnet if it was this bad for them

Anyone else have experience of magnet in the Douglas area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Cilar

did magnet drop their tv offering on ftth? It's not longer mentioned on ther ftth page

3828945144.png

Acting up again today

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    3828945144.png

Acting up again today

Did you get your firmware update?

Haven't had many issues since I got mine.....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did you get your firmware update?

Haven't had many issues since I got mine.....

Yep got mine was just yesterday for a few hours no speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Magnet connection was hiccuping again the past couple of days, and now it's dropped completely as of half an hour ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

No internet for half the day..Came back for an hour and went again..Fairly windy all day,could that be the cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

Working fine here

3858255476.png

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

Morning all.
    I'm currently with digiweb in Douglas, Maryborough woods.
    looking to change provider.
    the magnet no contract option appeals to me.

how is magnet preforming in the Maryborough woods area of douglas.
    Has the service improved from earlier this year..
    Is there still the problems with drop off, no FTP access, and daily throttling/caps

any info appreciated.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

Morning all.
    I'm currently with digiweb in Douglas, Maryborough woods.
    looking to change provider.
    the magnet no contract option appeals to me.

how is magnet preforming in the Maryborough woods area of douglas.
    Has the service improved from earlier this year..
    Is there still the problems with drop off, no FTP access, and daily throttling/caps

any info appreciated.

thanks

I can only speak from Dromahane, Mallow but there is definite local congestion starting from around 4pm and peaking around 11pm, before returning to full speed around 1am. This is measuring the link between here and Dublin, if you leave Ireland things are very considerably worse with a throttled 10Mbit connection to Europe for most of the day except early hours of the morning. The UK and US are better, but Magnet's interconnection to the rest of the world outside Ireland are my main source of slow speeds most of the time. I haven't seen it get much worse than 1Mbit though. And uploads remain consistently fast to most of the world, it's only download is the problem.

That said, I should doubt that Magnet is much different to any Irish ISP with regard to global interconnects. They run local Google caches, so YouTube et al is at Irish national speeds. Facebook is not cached, we are directed to UK based servers.

Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I moved into one of the Grange apartments in Stillorgan where Magnet made a big song and dance about offering 1gb bb.

I have been waiting a little over 3 weeks for installation, have been told several dates that did not materialize. I know that they contract the installations to KN Networks, so I called them but they have no order from magnet for the install.

As far as I can see their is a problem in magnet in how they organize installations. UPC can do installs in a few days, why not Magnet?

I'm getting very frustrated with the situation and am tempted to cancel and go with imagine instead as I have line of sight to their high site.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

hobochris wrote: »
    I moved into one of the Grange apartments in Stillorgan where Magnet made a big song and dance about offering 1gb bb.

I have been waiting a little over 3 weeks for installation, have been told several dates that did not materialize. I know that they contract the installations to KN Networks, so I called them but they have no order from magnet for the install.

As far as I can see their is a problem in magnet in how they organize installations. UPC can do installs in a few days, why not Magnet?

I'm getting very frustrated with the situation and am tempted to cancel and go with imagine instead as I have line of sight to their high site.

Have Magnet Fibre to Home myself but not in the grange. Have the 100mb and find it fab. I would ring them again and tell them they have 2 days to install it or your off. Imagine is terrible. A friend had it and he was like beside the the tower and it was as slow as f... Whats the story with 1gb? I have heard nothing here about it.

• Advertisement

Firstly just because it's 1Gbit into your home definitely does not mean you'll see 1Gbit. I have a 70Mbit Fibre here and it rarely exceeds 15Mbit to most parts of the world.

I have been running hourly speed tests to various locations around the world out of curiosity, and it is definitely proof that Magnet do not consistently deliver a > 20 Mbit service except in the early hours of the morning. Now, that said, Netflix say that Magnet delivers the fastest internet of any of the major Irish ISPs, and I actually believe that. Just don't believe that the advertised connection speed or the Speedtest speed has anything to do with reality.

I may post a detailed review with lots of empirical measurements here, however I don't have the perms to post images, and without graphs it's a bit pointless.

KN Networks are the attempt to make Eircom not treat Eircom customers preferentially, so they were hived off into a separate contractor who provides the backhaul services to ISPs. As a standalone company, they may treat all ISPs equally now.

KN Networks is still fairly new, and there are definitely teething problems regarding communications - I had two KN Networks engineers turn up at the same time for example, neither knew the other was coming. I'd imagine your 1Gbit service being so unusual has exactly one engineer trained it, and he'll have some enormous backlog. You'll just have to wait.

Regarding Imagine actually, their wireless service is crap especially when it's windy or rainy or foggy, but their wired service can be okay. My Dad was on Imagine ADSL and never had a problem - repairs were quick, service good, not an issue. My sister had a terrible time with Imagine customer support and ended up suing them in a small claims court as they kept billing her for a ADSL and phone service which did not work, then when she refused to pay they sent debt collectors after her so she sued them for libel, harrassment and they ended up settling (turned out to be a damaged phone line into the house, once she switched to Eircom they suddenly "found" the problem quickly).

Ireland's ISPs are enormously better than they were, but the service here still is not great compared to other countries for what they charge for it (I've had broadband in Spain, UK, Canada, Ireland).

Niall

14ned are you in a Fibre to Home area with magnet or are you getting it down an eircom line from magnet? My speeds for my 100mb are consistantly 90mb+

14ned are you in a Fibre to Home area with magnet or are you getting it down an eircom line from magnet? My speeds for my 100mb are consistantly 90mb+

Are they 90Mb to Japan, California and Australia? From my figures here, I would doubt it, except maybe at 4am. I see a regular throttle per single connection to 10Mbit to Continental Europe especially. The US is much better.

Yes I'm on vDSL Magnet Business Broadband Fibre Lite. Tests were done using a fixed 1Gbit wired ethernet connection.

I'm also in rural Cork. You guys in Dublin are between me and the internet :), but national congestion from here is mainly after school till bed time for the kids. The throttling to international destinations seems to occur from Dublin outbound to global.

Niall

You are then on an Eircom line while i am not. I am on Magnets fibre to home.

You are then on an Eircom line while i am not. I am on Magnets fibre to home.

Yep it's fibre to the cabinet here. And hence I share the national connection to Dublin with everyone else (hence the congestion 4pm - 12am).

Once you're at Dublin, from Dublin onwards I should be the same as you. Here's a traceroute to a Japanese server:

traceroute to (210.167.64.70), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 pfsense.nedland (192.168.2.1) 0.518 ms 0.577 ms 0.570 ms
    2 192.168.10.254 (192.168.10.254) 48.592 ms 48.606 ms 48.737 ms
    3 d-clon-asr1k.magnet.ie (85.91.0.121) 49.401 ms 64.860 ms 64.870 ms
    4 d-clon-core1a.magnet.ie (85.91.0.116) 50.484 ms 50.480 ms 50.468 ms
    5 d-deg-core1a.magnet.ie (85.91.3.25) 51.707 ms 52.741 ms 52.738 ms
    6 d-deg-border1.magnet.ie (85.91.2.77) 51.651 ms 50.325 ms 50.289 ms
    7 ae4-122.dub40.ip4.gtt.net (77.67.76.205) 63.379 ms 14.743 ms 14.740 ms
    8 xe-4-2-0.was10.ip4.gtt.net (89.149.182.117) 107.666 ms 118.319 ms 118.321 ms
    9 213.200.66.158 (213.200.66.158) 118.315 ms 118.395 ms 118.498 ms
    10 lax002bf02.IIJ.net (206.132.168.110) 166.822 ms 166.827 ms lax002bb11.IIJ.net (206.132.169.146) 171.465 ms
    11 host98.iij-america.net (206.132.168.98) 285.322 ms lax002bf00.IIJ.Net (206.132.169.229) 183.059 ms 183.066 ms
    12 osk004bb11.IIJ.Net (58.138.81.130) 283.847 ms osk005bf00.IIJ.Net (206.132.169.114) 296.385 ms osk004bb11.IIJ.Net (58.138.81.130) 283.810 ms
    13 osk004bb11.IIJ.Net (58.138.82.186) 280.545 ms osk004bb11.IIJ.Net (58.138.81.130) 287.543 ms oky001ip60.IIJ.Net (58.138.98.203) 282.225 ms
    14 oky001ip60.IIJ.Net (58.138.98.203) 287.008 ms 287.009 ms 210.138.132.234 (210.138.132.234) 295.783 ms
    15 210.167.87.155 (210.167.87.155) 291.997 ms 210.138.132.234 (210.138.132.234) 289.572 ms 210.167.87.155 (210.167.87.155) 279.435 ms
    16 sr-sv17.harenet.ad.jp (210.167.64.70) 287.349 ms 210.167.87.155 (210.167.87.155) 283.934 ms sr-sv17.harenet.ad.jp (210.167.64.70) 287.342 ms

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

How in the name of God have Magnet not fixed this intermittent disconnection problem yet?

• Advertisement

How in the name of God have Magnet not fixed this intermittent disconnection problem yet?

If you've got the Thompson vDSL modem I have, it over drives the upstream which leads to connection drops. Mine syncs at 20 Mbit outbound despite setting constant FEC errors. Another VDSL modem I tried refused to sync past 12 Mbit outbound. I think I trust that modem is more accurate.

All that said since I got them to switch me into bridge mode with a business package I see > 98% uptime compared to around 87% uptime before with the residential package (their business SLA means they must pay compensation for outages). So far it's worth the extra money especially as no more FUP throttling! I get their best effort speeds all day long, no discrimination between port types, no clamping non http traffic to 1mbit.

Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Anyone having issues with magnet recently? The past three nights from 7pm onward my connection has gone to the dogs. Last night it was unusable.

Pinging www.magnet.ie [85.91.6.43] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 85.91.6.43: bytes=32 time=87ms TTL=123
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 85.91.6.43: bytes=32 time=86ms TTL=123
    Reply from 85.91.6.43: bytes=32 time=85ms TTL=123

Ping statistics for 85.91.6.43:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 85ms, Maximum = 87ms, Average = 86ms

Packet loss and the average ping time is three times what it is when the connection is working normally. Last night i'd be lucky to get any response most of the time.

I rang them and the guy advised this could be a contention issue, which I agree with because its happening around the peak period every evening but I've been with magnet for nearly two years and never had these issues previously.

He said hes put in a request to have me moved to another channel. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment and see if things improve.

I've been wondering myself if the overselling packet loss issues have resurfaced. Packet loss has certainly started to creep in most evenings around prime time.

I've been wondering myself if the overselling packet loss issues have resurfaced. Packet loss has certainly started to creep in most evenings around prime time.

It got even worse last night. I can understand congestion during peak times but that's two nights in a row where I literally couldn't load a web page from 8:30 onwards.

I ended up giving up and tethering through my phone for an hour.

I went with Magnet originally because I wasn't sure if we were staying in our apartment for long and Magnet don't tie you to a contract but we are staying, so I might just move to Eircom if there's no improvement by next week.

I went with Magnet originally because I wasn't sure if we were staying in our apartment for long and Magnet don't tie you to a contract but we are staying, so I might just move to Eircom if there's no improvement by next week.

Unless your Magnet is FTTH it's probably getting congested at the Cabinet. I rang ping sweeps from the internet on my inbound connection and the evening time congestion is happening between the last Magnet hop and my home, so specifically between d-clon-asr1k.magnet.ie and my firewall. Therefore switching to Eircom, or anyone else also using the same cabinet, probably won't help unless they're not using Eircom Fibre backhaul.

I actually blame Eircom's eVision thing. My area has poor TV reception being rural, and Sky is too expensive for what you get. Right around when Eircom campaigned hard round here with a door to door recruiters was when my evening time congestion appeared ... before that I was happily watching RTE off of aertv.ie. Now it's unusable when I want to watch it.

Of course, if Eircom just upgraded my local fibre cabinet with more capacity ...

Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

Are you all on Magnets E Fiber equivalent or another service? I know since the software upgrade on the E fiber type connections a few lads I know have had no service issues.

I'm just on 24 meg ADSL.

Magnet rang me back today, a girl on the phone said she was calling in relation to helping me change channels to resolve my congestion issue (I was wondering what he meant by "channels" on the phone last night). She was calling to help me move wireless channel, thinking myself and my neighbours were overlapping.

I explained that this is a wired setup, nothing to do with wireless but she said she tested the line and its fine. I explained that its fine until around 7, then gets worse and worse after that.

She said no one else has complained in the area so it might be an issue with my setup. I explained that I'm pinging directly from the router out and getting packet loss and that its working for the rest of the day perfectly, nothing is changing on my end.

She told me to call when the problem is apparent. Their phonelines close at 8 and its pretty apparent right now..

Pinging www.magnet.ie [85.91.6.43] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 85.91.6.43: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=123
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 85.91.6.43: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=123
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 85.91.6.43:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 88ms, Maximum = 91ms, Average = 89ms

The same ping earlier was coming back in 30 odd ms.

I don't know what to do at this stage. Fourth day in a row this is happening, the connection has been grand for the past two years. I read somewhere here that one guy had a similar issue and he moved to Eircom which resolved things.

I'm just on 24 meg ADSL.
    I don't know what to do at this stage. Fourth day in a row this is happening, the connection has been grand for the past two years. I read somewhere here that one guy had a similar issue and he moved to Eircom which resolved things.

You need to run a tool called mtr on Linux or pathping on Windows to your home IP address from OUTSIDE Ireland, preferably from some internet server. Via a 3G connection tethered from your phone is better than nothing. Make sure you turn on ping response on your Magnet modem, it's in the settings.

These tools will show you how many packets are being dropped on every stage between the internet and your home. You can of course run it the other direction, but any congestion from your home to the cabinet will get in the way of all results thereafter.

BTW congestion may resolve itself as Eircom does upgrade its backhaul to match new installs eventually. For example, last night I watched the Late Late Toy Show from RTE Player and it was smooth as butter. First time RTE Player has been useful after 5pm in many months. I was quite pleased.

Niall

14ned wrote: »
    You need to run a tool called mtr

Here's Linux mtr run from a French server on my home Magnet Fibre broadband connection here in Dromahane, Mallow at 10.50pm 5th Dec:
                                     My traceroute  [v0.82]
    europe3 (0.0.0.0)                                               Fri Dec  5 22:50:01 2014
    Keys:  Help   Display mode   Restart statistics   Order of fields   quit
                                                    Packets               Pings
     Host                                         Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. rbx1-3a-a9.fr.eu                           0.0%   355    0.9   3.1   0.7   7.8   1.4
     2. rbx-g2-a9.fr.eu                            0.0%   355    1.0   0.9   0.7   3.0   0.3
     3. rbx-s9-6k.fr.eu                           69.2%   355    4.0  10.8   3.9  67.0  13.8
        rbx-s6-6k.fr.eu
        ldn-5-6k.uk.eu
        ldn-5-6k.uk.eu
        ldn-5-6k.uk.eu
        ldn-5-6k.uk.eu
        ldn-5-6k.uk.eu
        ldn-5-6k.uk.eu
     4. ???
     5. d-clon-core1a.magnet.ie                    2.3%   355   18.0  23.9  17.7 351.4  31.0
     6. d-clon-asr1k.magnet.ie                     3.1%   355   17.9  17.8  17.7  18.5   0.2
     7. ???
     8. 212.xx.xx.xx                               1.7%   354   29.2  30.2  28.2  49.4   3.0

Don't worry about the 69% packet loss in London, such core routers ignore most ping packets when sent more than once.

More important is the packet loss at d-clon-core1a.magnet.ie and d-clon-asr1k.magnet.ie. Ok, they could ignoring pings, but my Magnet broadband router at 212.xx.xx.xx is mostly certainly not ignoring pings, and therefore I see a packet loss of 1.7% which has a pretty big effect on web browsing (stalls), downloads, and general TCP connectivity.

About two hours from now packet loss will return to 0% for all magnet.ie nodes and my broadband modem. It's Friday night local Magnet broadband congestion! :) You can see a particularly high stddev in ping times on d-clon-core1a.magnet.ie, right now at least I think there is some congestion there.

Niall

14ned wrote: »
    About two hours from now packet loss will return to 0% for all magnet.ie nodes and my broadband modem. It's Friday night local Magnet broadband congestion! :) You can see a particularly high stddev in ping times on d-clon-core1a.magnet.ie, right now at least I think there is some congestion there.

Magnet speeds have improved so far in January enormously over December. I'm now getting ~60Mbit down and ~25Mbit up to Dublin, even in the evenings.

Performance to Central Europe is also dramatically improved, now above 50Mbit down. Looks like whatever was wrong with Eircom trunking and/or Magnet is fixed. Good.

Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

lads I just upgraded to Magnet fibre "100Mb", I have been given this awful modem//router...I cant seem to put into bridge mode

Now I cannot use my AC dual band, dd-wrt router, where I had some dedicated vlans setup for my home LAN, now this has been taken away from me as it looks like this 5itty router they have given me I am stuck with. You cannot even change the ssid, zero port forwarding options. Its a disgrace, I cannot even connect to more then 7 seeds of a 30,000 seeded file. Getting pathetic speeds.

Regular port 80/443 traffic is fast alright...but **** what about my home LAN setup..I cant go on using their provided modem/router, unless i can bridge it, anybody been successful... Its a TG589vn v3

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

Stuxnet wrote: »
    lads I just upgraded to Magnet fibre "100Mb", I have been given this awful modem//router...I cant seem to put into bridge mode

Now I cannot use my AC dual band, dd-wrt router, where I had some dedicated vlans setup for my home LAN, now this has been taken away from me as it looks like this 5itty router they have given me I am stuck with. You cannot even change the ssid, zero port forwarding options. Its a disgrace, I cannot even connect to more then 7 seeds of a 30,000 seeded file. Getting pathetic speeds.

Regular port 80/443 traffic is fast alright...but **** what about my home LAN setup..I cant go on using their provided modem/router, unless i can bridge it, anybody been successful... Its a TG589vn v3

It is a pretty poor piece of kit, but I dont understand why you are having torrent issues?. No problem on my side, I do however always use VPN's for anything like that.

Only option would be to get your own router, call up magnet for login details and bob is your uncle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

SnipSnop wrote: »
    It is a pretty poor piece of kit, but I dont understand why you are having torrent issues?. No problem on my side, I do however always use VPN's for anything like that.

Only option would be to get your own router, call up magnet for login details and bob is your uncle.

Really, sweet...even that would do me,
    ...so Im not obliged to use their modem..?
    If I pick up a vdsl2 modem, and get pppoe login details, I could bridge again..:)

Tell me I can :)..?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

It is possible alright.

Just search the board for details.
    Found this one : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057098754

• Registered Users Posts: 11 silverthorn100

Has any one got magnet in the south tipp or South kilkenny area...

• Advertisement
Advertisement