Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos in Ads?

Options
  • 08-12-2006 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any well-known brands that have used people with tattoos in their advertisements to sell their products?

Pictures or links would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

in the ad for le male by j.p geautier (sp??) there is a sailor with tats.......and the new ad on t.v for d and g time has a guy with some tats too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭CorsetRibbons

sarahn11 wrote:
    in the ad for le male by j.p geautier (sp??) there is a sailor with tats.......and the new ad on t.v for d and g time has a guy with some tats too....

Gaultier.

Sony PSP have used Pink. She's covered in tats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

In the 1950's and 1960's Marlboro used a series of Ads with men with Hand tattoos. There is a good few of them. I have most the ads cut from magazines. I have attached four of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

The Gameboy advance used a very heavily tattooed man(can't remember if the guy had airbrushed tattoos or not) in its adverts for its "Tattooed" Model. Calvin Klein CK one used a guy with a crosshair tattoo on his arm when it first came out. There have been a lot of ads for Perfumes, Aftershave and Clothing that have used Tattooed models. Can think off hand which brands have used them.

Goldenpalace.com has used a number of people to get their logo tattooed on them for advertisement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

CK used Freddie ljunberg...kinda...putting the panther on his stomach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Look out for the Miss Sixty ads. Seen one on dublin bus yesterday.

Also try looking for the ads for the motorola razr tattoo'd edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

In the 1950's and 1960's Marlboro used a series of Ads with men with Hand tattoos. There is a good few of them. I have most the ads cut from magazines. I have attached four of them.
    Great pictures Eire_Tattoo.

Cheers mate!

I knew Gaultier had done the sailor dude in his ads but haven't the Miss Sixty or CK ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

the perfume add? with the sailor dude and the naked lady? Love those tattoos, would find a pic for ye but can't member the name of it... soz! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

dont forget yer man from fall out boy.... for gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

Nokia used to use tattooed peops for ads as well.. i've no images though sorry!!!!

edit:
    just found the video of the ad : http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/2966/

• Advertisement
Advertisement