Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB blocking P2P traffic?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

20Kb/s here also.

I wouldn't be a heavy user.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Didnt get the chance to ring them today... but this is rediclous i have a 700mb torrent running over 5 hours now with only like 590mb done :mad: should be done 4hrs 20 mins ago lol well hope its fixed soon maybe there upgrade the rest of there customers to 3mb... dunno why that would affect me though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I think everyone should have a read of this thread at irishisptest.com:

http://www.irishisptest.com/forum/ibb/789-irish-broadband-employee-willing-answer-questions.html

Personally, I think it could be more than a coincidence that these problems coincide with the harsh winds that have been sweeping through the country the past couple of weeks. Just a thought.

Im going away on fri and back on the monday if the issue is not resolved by then i will also request a callout..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

Same thing been happening to me. Torrents are really slow. Its been like this the past 2 weeks. I'm on the RTE mast. Also, I keep getting connection drops which means whenever I play games online, my ping spikes up to 800ms :(

• Advertisement

Just back and checked to see what my speeds are like, happy to say back to normal :D 345-355kb/s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

ya i dont think they ever actully limited anything, i had a tech out today because i had a problem(the radio lost the signal,perfect now again) and i asked him did he know if ibb were limiting traffic or anything and he said no, he was pretty sure that they werent limitiing any traffic or anything... and this guy was actually from ibb with ibb all over the van and stuff... my torrent speeds are fine now anyway just like everyone else.. it must have been some other reason or just a coincidence.

My speeds are gone to poop again! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its just random at the moment, alot of people I know are getting the problem and others aren't!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Yep, very up and down in the last 2 weeks or so. I'm on the RTE mast as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Hey, I was having problems with torrents at first, but I think it's just the torrents. I'm getting speeds between 20 and 40 which doesn't sound great since my normal download speeds are between 50 and 60, but that's also while using Direct Connect to fileshare in the background too.

I haven't been able to get great speeds with Direct Connect, to be honest, but that's often the way. IT's designed for downloading loads of little files at once, really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Hey, I was having problems with torrents at first, but I think it's just the torrents I was downloading, I'm not used to using it. I'm getting speeds between 20 and 40 which doesn't sound great since my normal download speeds are between 50 and 60, but that's also while using Direct Connect to fileshare in the background too.

I haven't been able to get great speeds with Direct Connect, to be honest, but that's often the way. IT's designed for downloading loads of little files at once, really...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

I have this issue as well but on FTP traffic outside of Ireland and it's bugging the hole out of me...

A friend of mine gets full speed on his IBB Breeze connection (same as myself and to/from the exact same site) and the only thing that we've noticed that differs is that the routing between home and site goes through the Tallaght point for myself before it hits the IBIS and it doesn't for him...

I don't know if anyone else that is having this issue can confirm or rubbish my theory of the Tallaght routing point being the crook?

Cheers...

Mine has gotten a little better now at 50Kb/s

Something is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have not had any problems at all.

Is anyone still having issues with this?

on a friends connection i noticed something odd happening.

I disabled uPnP on the linksys and added port forward rule, used Utorrents port test feature, seems fine.

Load up a couple of torrents check the port again and it's changed to closed.

Re-enabled uPnP, checked port, great it's open. waited 5 minutes and checked again it's closed again and can't get above 50Kb/s

Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Mines working fine again ntlbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I was having trouble with uTorrent and UPNP on my linksys, i reckon that's the problem there, set it up manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Rang IBB about the poor BT download speeds, guy I was talking to changed a setting, however my BT DL speeds are still around 5kB - 20kB. He was also adamant that IBB don't use traffic shaping.

Is anyone else still having an issue with breeze bittorrent speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Yeah, mine are still terrible and I'm in Limerick too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea I'm on Breeze 3Mb and was getting crap BT speeds over weekend. Even something well seeded like Fedora Core distro was maxing out at 50k when before it would hit 200 or so easy.

Im getting 178Kb/s on 3 torrents that are well seeded when i should hit 340-350kb/s on 1 of those with no prob, its getting on my nerves now.

Advertisement