Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Belkin Modem Router with Nortel VPN

• 08-12-2006 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently purchased a Belkin ADSL model with Wireless-G Router built-in.

Previously with my old ZyXEL modem (BT is my ISP), I had no problems using
    VPN (Nortel Networks)

However with the Belkin modem/router, I cannot connect using VPN
    It says "VPN client failed to respond" although I can ping it ok from DOS shell
    (Note that normal web browsing is fine)

I have checked the main settings via "ipconfig/all" and seems ok.

Any suggestions on how to debug this ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

The Firewall may be blocking your VPN traffic on the new router,
    log into the router and check to see if their is any VPN passthrough options.
    i.e IPsec, PPTP, L2TP

More then likely Nortel will run under one of thoes protocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 east1981

OP, how does the router work otherwise? Is it easy to setup? I recently purchased one and i am giving it to someone as a gift for christmas and I would like to know if its working ok. The person I am giving it to simply uses the net. Not VPN or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mussy_boards

Yes it is pretty straightforward to setup and use.

Works straight away with my own laptop
    Dell Latitude D810 with Intel PRO/Wireless Network Card (2200BG)

This VPN thing is killing me though. Belkin technical support are backlogged
    by the looks of it, no joy there. I am thinking of returing it to the shop at the weekend.

Advertisement