Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A this week end - The 3rd Derby

• 08-12-2006 9:46am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

3rd Derby depending one where your loyalties lie.

My brothers friend is a Roma fan and has been to the derby. I've been to the Milan derby. The passion at these games are unreal and they make a mockery of the away team fans with what they do with banners and flags etc. Its just a pity its not like this every week!

Roma will win this by two clear goals. They look very good these days. Totti seems to back to him self.
    fixtuers wrote:

17:00 UK Reggina v Ascoli Stadio Oreste Granillo
    19:30 UK Palermo v Livorno Renzo Barbera

Sunday, December 10, 2006
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK AC Milan v Torino Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    14:00 UK Atalanta v Messina Stadio Azzurri D`Italia
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Parma Stadio San Elia
    14:00 UK Catania Calcio v Udinese Stadio Angelo Massimino
    14:00 UK Chievo Verona v Fiorentina Stadio Marc`Antonio Bentegodi
    14:00 UK Empoli v Inter Milan Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Sampdoria v Siena Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    19:30 UK Lazio v Roma Stadio Olimpico

Top 3 all to win

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Totti missed the Valencia game and is a doubt for Sunday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eirebhoy wrote:
    Totti missed the Valencia game and is a doubt for Sunday.

Didnt see the CL games this week. Didnt know that. He'll be a big loss

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just back from a famil thing and turned on the TV to see Roma 2-0 down and playing with 10 players.

Fantastic result if it remains that way for Inter. Lazio are paying back Inter for that last day defeat a couple of years ago that cost us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Great result for Lazio, bad result for Serie A. Unless Inter lose to Roma in two weeks time, the Scudetto is almost definitely going to Inter. Not that I think Roma can push Inter anyway, they don't have the strength in depth to win a title. We saw today, if key players for Roma in Perotta, Totti and De Rossi don't preform, Roma are toothless. Even worse for Roma, if any of those lads get injured (particularily Totti) then they're in serious trouble.

Also, did anyone see Totti acting like a like scumbag again today? He repeatedly kicked Mauri (I think it was him) while he was on the ground off the pitch after shielding the ball out of play. Then, he walked around the field with his shorts hiked up because he cut a little cut from a tackle on his calf. Not to mention a blatant dive he tried in the box at one point. It really is a shame that such a talent will resort to cheating and awful sportsmanship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Game, set and match now to Inter methinks. That's a hugely demoralising defeat for Roma. I was hoping they would have a bit more in them, very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

kinaldo wrote:
    Game, set and match now to Inter methinks. That's a hugely demoralising defeat for Roma. I was hoping they would have a bit more in them, very disappointing.
    Like I said, it's all about strength in depth. Roma's key players didn't perform and because they had no one to bring on off the bench, they had no chance of salvaging the match. Inter are the only team in Italy to have this strength in depth now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I had to switch the Inter match off at half-time, awful stuff to watch. Three yellow cards inside 27 minutes for diving, no thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Like I said, it's all about strength in depth. Roma's key players didn't perform and because they had no one to bring on off the bench, they had no chance of salvaging the match. Inter are the only team in Italy to have this strength in depth now.
    I think Roma have a superb 16 or 17 players but after that they're down to the youngsters. I wouldn't say it's much different to Man Utd atm. They're only backup striker is Solskjaer. If one of their midfielders gets injured they're down to O'Shea and Fletcher. They were losing 1-0 against Celtic and all they had to throw on was Evra and O'Shea.

Advertisement