Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Query - F.I. Received

Options
  • 08-12-2006 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

We recently received a request for Further Information (FI) which included the following request:

Erect 2 poles/staffs for each gable end to indicate maximum finished roof height of the finished structure.

We have situated our 2 storey house wll back in the site and behind a mound - we believe this request is to allow the planner assess what the visual impact will be from the road. The house ridge is currently 10.2 metres above ground level.

Has anyone experience of a similar request and how did You go about erecting this pole/staff.

Any feedback appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This is quite normal and happens all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Do as it says on the tin. Get your timber lengths (probably need something like 75mm x 38mm) Dig the holes and bed them down into the ground. You will probably have to fix a couple of stay posts at the base to secure it because of the height. Make sure you have the cross lath or flag at top of posts fixed before bedding and allow for a depth of about 600mm into the ground.

Now here's the trick. Your ridge is 10.2 so have your posts fixed so as they are about 9.50 above ground. They wont be measured.

Dont tell anyone that I told you this ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

[QUOTE
    They wont be measured.

)[/QUOTE]

They will now, coz I,ll be doing the measuring:eek: :eek:

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kadman wrote:
    They will now, coz I,ll be doing the measuring:eek: :eek:

kadman
    You wouldn't know how to use a tape :D

Advertisement