Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keane for Villa - but no anymore?

• 08-12-2006 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

The rags are reporting that Keane was apparently set for a move over to O'Neill's stable. But a medial ligament issue which will have him out for up to 6 weeks, will probably see the January transfer fall through.

Is this just linking two Irish men or may there be some truth to it? I thought that Keane would absolutely shine this year at Spurs, but both him and the club have been to the background.

IMO he should stay, get fit and try his best till the end of the season. If nothing happens by then, a move elsewhere would be the natural option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

bah, robbie keane, serial club hopper!

He should stay at a club that plays him as their main striker, not this silly outside the box player! I still think he would be awesome for arsenal with henry behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Spurs should sell him, he can very good and then he can be very bad - his consitentcy(or lack of) must drive Jol mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Interesting to see Martin O Neill interested in such an interesting player, in a preculiar interesting way? Personally though Im not that interested! he's a jekel n hyde player...but I do think it would be a good move for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Over on the Villa forums there seems to be a general consensus that Defoe or Keane were MON's main targets. If he wasn't getting one he'd be happy with the other. It's all rumour of course, but this one has been lingering for months now and it's no secret that Jol @ Spurs rotates his strikers all the time.

I dunno, I'm not one for believing crap rag hype!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Thought this referred to Roy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

Magic Pips wrote:
    bah, robbie keane, serial club hopper!

He should stay at a club that plays him as their main striker, not this silly outside the box player! I still think he would be awesome for arsenal with henry behind him.
    he cant play for arsenal, hes not french!....or is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

sundula wrote:
    Spurs should sell him, he can very good and then he can be very bad - his consitentcy(or lack of) must drive Jol mad.

If theres one man to get consistency out of a player like Keane its O Neil id say.

Couldnt see it happening this window but maybe next summer.

Advertisement