Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Those Jerseys You Hated To Love!

• 08-12-2006 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭

I dont know if this is done before on here, but it came up in dicussion last night and I'll but to all you lot on boards. What jerseys did you hate liking? I'm a Man Utd fan.

I really liked the dark Chelsea away jersey, and the Liverpool jersy with dark green and white squares.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

That black chelsea shirt i really like. but as a man u fan it kills me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Trampas

Adidas always make nice jerseys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Trampas wrote:
    Adidas always make nice jerseys
    Shill :D.

Hate to admit it, but:

05-06%20rangers%20home.jpg

Is a pretty nice jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ibid wrote:
    Shill :D.

Hate to admit it, but:

05-06%20rangers%20home.jpg

Is a pretty nice jersey.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Good response.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    Good response.
    :rolleyes:

ah no I suppose its okay, was expecting the thread to go down another route but thank God it didnt!! I remember a Leeds blue away jersey that was nice too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I really like the man utd away jersey, the current one. Pretty sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

This seasons Pompey away one, complete with gold print.

http://shop.pompeyfc.co.uk/sites/PORTSMOUTH/images/Products/AK6SS_B.jpg

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I liked that brown Arsenal jersey last year with the gold print on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Not an away jersey I know, but I think that the man utd shirt with black knicks looks good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I'm a pool fan but i have always quite liked the blackburn home shirt.

What do people think of the brown Spurs away jersey? I think its one you either love or hate.

I hate it.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/shop/store_images/main/y3rd06.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

The palace away jersey is sweet > http://im.edirectory.co.uk/products/1944/i/palaceaway0405.jpg
    What do people think of the brown Spurs away jersey? I think its one you either love or hate.

i like it, it's the same colour as their away form...****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I liked the Harps dayglo one of the late 90s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I like the simplicity of the jerseys this year. I like ManU's home jersey (it hurt to say that) Liverpool and Chelsea are good too.

Back in Oz the rugby league jerseys have just gone haywire with colours, stripes and whatever else they can dream up in photoshop. Have a gander at these ungodly messes:

http://www.nrlshop.com/images/5211_l.jpg

http://www.nrlshop.com/images/5248_l.jpg

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    This seasons Pompey away one, complete with gold print.

http://shop.pompeyfc.co.uk/sites/PORTSMOUTH/images/Products/AK6SS_B.jpg

that and the white United jersey are the nicest in the premiership I think

I got the white United one for my brother off e-bay, with patches and Solskjaer 20 on it for €28. Deal of the century!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Really liked the navy Aussie jersey in the WC. Favourite United jersey was the green and gold with black shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Really liked the navy Aussie jersey in the WC. Favourite United jersey was the green and gold with black shorts.

and the black string tie up at the V in the neck part. classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah that green and black one was some effort. Also like the blue and white one that had all the ex players names incorporated into it. The yellow print made it sweet as well.

Love the Leeds blue and yellow Nike one from a few years back. We've had some awful jerseys at City (silver with luminous yellow stripe a few years ago) but our away jerseys from both last season and this are pretty nice. Like the German red one they had from the World Cup and the Spanish away one (needs 'Xavi 8' on the back though!)

The Boardeaux one is nice too. Now if I can just get Anto away from the kit back long enough to fleece one.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The AIG just doesn't suit a football jersey. The old sharp viewcam black jersey is an old favourite of mine. Saving that I liked Spurs' jersey last year. Not for fat people mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

E. Frankfurts /me spits 95 jersey plain white , really just plain white very nice

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I keep saying it, we need img tags in the soccer forum ON!

Man Utd's lemon and lime jersey from the early 90's took some getting used to but was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I said it before, that Ireland away jersey from a few years back but they got rid of it fairly quickly. Orange and black, can't find any evidence of it right now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kinaldo wrote:
    I keep saying it, we need img tags in the soccer forum ON!

Yah know with the access thing now in effect thats a good idea, and shame on everyone else for not thinking off it.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Yah know with the access thing now in effect thats a good idea, and shame on everyone else for not thinking off it.

kdjac
    that was exactly the point I made in the feedback thread but got no response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

You can't beat the West Ham one from DiCanio's time there.

Have you seen www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk could be a good site for the Xmas presents

damienom wrote:
    Have you seen www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk could be a good site for the Xmas presents
    Some of the prices on that site are crazy!

Still, nice to know that my extensive collection of football jerseys might actually be worth something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Xavi6 wrote:
    Yeah that green and black one was some effort. Also like the blue and white one that had all the ex players names incorporated into it. The yellow print made it sweet as well.

Love the Leeds blue and yellow Nike one from a few years back. We've had some awful jerseys at City (silver with luminous yellow stripe a few years ago) but our away jerseys from both last season and this are pretty nice. Like the German red one they had from the World Cup and the Spanish away one (needs 'Xavi 8' on the back though!)

The Boardeaux one is nice too. Now if I can just get Anto away from the kit back long enough to fleece one.....

I always thought that blue and white Utd one looked uncomfortable, like a jumper or something, cant even explain why. I'm wearing teh german away one right now, it's a really nice jersey, not too flashy, just right.

I really like the brown spurs one. It's different.

The new Adidas climacool ones are by far the most comfortable. I have the Spain and Argentina ones from the World Cup and tbh I don't know how I or any footballer ever managed to play football in some of those old ones, with Asics and Adidas being the main culprits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I know it's not a football jersey but I seen this on the news the other night and I was shocked.....at the beauty of it of course! ;):D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

http://www.gullshop.net/images/AwaySh.jpg

i hated it but gotta love it, they my boys blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I got the white United one for my brother off e-bay, with patches and Solskjaer 20 on it for €28. Deal of the century!

Being sent from Thailand is it?

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Why is the bestest Newcastle kit ever in the worst kit ever room? I'm pretty sure that was our promotion kit too, not 1990. I also object to Villa 87 and Southampton 93 being in there.

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Can't believe Southampton and Norwich jerseys made that list, and the United grey jersey, Liverpool mid 90s home jersey and Arsenal blue away didnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have that Norwich one, also know as the egg and cress kit for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Spurs TBH. There is something about the crest and white colour (even the name Tottenham Hotspur) that is really classy and elegant.

Trilla wrote:
    I dont know if this is done before on here, but it came up in dicussion last night and I'll but to all you lot on boards. What jerseys did you hate liking? I'm a Man Utd fan.

I really liked the dark Chelsea away jersey, and the Liverpool jersy with dark green and white squares.

Advertisement