Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rattle in low gears?

Options
  • 08-12-2006 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I just got a service and new timing belt in the car. Since then I notice (and this is hard to explain) that when I am idling the car shakes a little bit more than usual. But when I pull away in 1st and into 2nd there is a very strange, subtle feeling, shaking, as if the front two wheels are about to fall off!

Does anyone have ideas what this might be? Its ok in higher gears. Should I bring it back to the garage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Its possible that the timing is off slightly, but with toothed belts usually one tooth off will cause more serious symptoms than you describe. It is also possible that the wrong plugs were installed which can cause all sorts of power progression problems.

You should bring the car back to the garage where the service and belt replacement was done and get them to check everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Hard to say until the garage has a look, bring it back asap.

Just an idea - some cars have a suspended engine mount which is removed to change timing belt. If this isn't put back properly then the engine may shake more than it should.

Advertisement