Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating Toilet Fixings

Options
  • 08-12-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I have a toilet unit which has fixing holes horizontally on the side rather than vertically which is the normal. The problem is, I'm just getting around to fitting this toilet after buying it a year or more ago and it turns out the fixings are missing :o

I assume there is an L bracket fixed to the floor and the toilet is screwed/bolted from the side somehow but anyone know for sure how this is done and where I might get replacement fixings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A pic might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I'll try and find a linky hagar, 'cos I never got the hang of those "digit all" cameras.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1592-0000

Here we go, it's similar type fixing to the Bottom toilet in that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I had this before, basically all that was needed was 2 plastic blocks about 2 inches square and about 1 inch deep that just fit inside the toilet unit wall. First it was screwed into the ground and then you just screwed into it from the side.
    You should be able to replace it with some hardwood timber with predrilled holes, screwed into the ground and then just screw into it from the side.

beldin wrote:
    I had this before, basically all that was needed was 2 plastic blocks about 2 inches square and about 1 inch deep that just fit inside the toilet unit wall. First it was screwed into the ground and then you just screwed into it from the side.
    You should be able to replace it with some hardwood timber with predrilled holes, screwed into the ground and then just screw into it from the side.

Now why didn't I think of that? That's it beldin. Simple when you know how.:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement