Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designated Driver Program 2006

• 08-12-2006 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For anyone not drinking over the Crimbo period then please check out the site below for your free drinks sponsored by Coca-Cola.

http://www.coca-cola-bottlers.ie/des_driver/index.php

There is a search facility for all counties so you can find your local participants.

Regards,

Q

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Good idea from Coca Cola. Wonder if many people will take them up on the offer.
    Is it getting any TV time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

What do you do if a pub is listed and is not participating in the scheme?
    IE if someone asked fof a free mineral they'd be told to sit on a christmas tree!!!
    I know one or two (cant name them here).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

this program has been running for a while now and i know of a few places in town here which are not listed on that site but will still give you a mineral for being the DD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

We're doing it in the pub I work in, but I've been told only to give it to people who normally drink and they also have to be locals.

Nobody has availed of it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Kenjd wrote:
    What do you do if a pub is listed and is not participating in the scheme?
    IE if someone asked from a free mineral they'd be told to sit on a christmas tree!!!
    I know one or two (cant name them here).

Sit on a Christmas tree eh.... sounds nasty alrite.

I suppose you could always ask for a manger type person and explain what your read on the Coke website or even contact coke and explain that they are not complying with the promotion as advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

The problem is I am one of those manager type people and my boss(the owner) has told me and all the other staff that we are not doing that! He says coke dont reimburse him for the free drinks! BullSh1t
    Publicans can be such misers sometimes....no ALL the time!!!
    We had all the beermats and the posters and they were swifty put in the bin... not the recycling bin I may add!!!

Kenjd wrote:
    The problem is I am one of those manager type people and my boss(the owner) has told me and all the other staff that we are not doing that! He says coke dont reimburse him for the free drinks! BullSh1t
    Publicans can be such misers sometimes....no ALL the time!!!
    We had all the beermats and the posters and they we swifty put in the bin... not the recycling bin I may add!!!

That's a shame alrite but I hope that some publicans honour the promotion.

To that effect could I ask for people to add any list of pubs that DO support this promotion.

Perhaps a mod can sticky this for a week or 2 leading up to Christmas.

My Christmas party is on tonight and the hotel is on the list for the promotion so I'll check if anybody manages to get a free drink

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

Thought it was a brilliant idea, they do it in the states all the time, was DISGUSTED that only one puB in Wexford town was doing it, well done chocolate thats where us girlz will be drinking for our nights out as we take turns for our DD (designated driver)!:D

quazzy wrote:
    My Christmas party is on tonight and the hotel is on the list for the promotion so I'll check if anybody manages to get a free drink

Q

Ashamed to say that there was no DD at my party - well I couldn't find anyone - so I cannot confirm or deny if anyone got a free drink.

Hope everyone else has better luck

Keep posting if you find a pub that supports this promotion

Regards,
    Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Can someone find out some pubs doing this or it goes off sticky.

At the moment it's a free ad for a company I am loathe to promote, but I thought the promotion was worth it, however, if no one is upholding the bargain then it's just an ad and there is no benefit to forum users.
    Thanks, Blub.

• Advertisement

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Can someone find out some pubs doing this or it goes off sticky.

At the moment it's a free ad for a company I am loathe to promote, but I thought the promotion was worth it, however, if no one is upholding the bargain then it's just an ad and there is no benefit to forum users.
    Thanks, Blub.

Thanks for the initial sticky Blub but it appears as though it might not work.

Feel free to un-sticky and/or rename Thread to remove the branding

Regards,

Q

[edit] Just thought I'd ad that I have nothing to do with Coke [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Coca Cola will not be re-imbursing the pubs afaik. Each pub will be given a set amount of crates, how many I'm unsure of, and the said crates will be for this promo.

It's relying alot on the publicans which I think is ****ing mad but there ya go.

Some positive press for CC, 100% profit for the publican and no drink for the public!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

quazzy wrote:
    Thanks for the initial sticky Blub but it appears as though it might not work.

Feel free to un-sticky and/or rename Thread to remove the branding

Regards,

Q

[edit] Just thought I'd ad that I have nothing to do with Coke [/edit]

Don't worry Quazzy, I didn't suspect a shill, but it's looking like a cynical marketing campaign so far.
    And that's kinda what I was expecting, I'll leave it up until tomorrow, but if no one can tell the boys and girls where to get their free coke then I'll unsticky it.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Don't worry Quazzy, I didn't suspect a shill, but it's looking like a cynical marketing campaign so far.
    And that's kinda what I was expecting, I'll leave it up until tomorrow, but if no one can tell the boys and girls where to get their free coke then I'll unsticky it.

Yeah that's fair enough, but I still believe there's a few good publicans out there.

I just hope we can find some of them and send a bit of "good crimbo karma" their way for doing the right thing.

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Well over the entire Christmas and New Year period we managed to find NO pub that even heard of this offer! I really was amazed at that!
    Can't believe that I had to pay for Coke/7Up or whatever... and in one pub I was drinking water (tap water that is) they actually said that I needed to buy something!!!! I told them where to go! The cheek of them! 8 people sitting around a table. 7 of them drinking alcohol and me sitting there sipping tap water and they still think that they are not making enough money!

Hopefully next year they do the same promo and it catches on better!
    [end of rant]

Advertisement