Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX360 and Wii online

Options
  • 08-12-2006 1:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When it comes to net connections etc, I'm hopeless, so am looking for some advice on how to proceed...

OK so I have bought a Wii and a XBOX 360 in the last 2 weeks and I am looking to take them both online for the VC and XBOX live services. I was wondering if people could post advice. I live in an apartment with shared BB. The connection is very good, around 2 MB.

I haven't the foggiest as to what I need to do :(

I plugged the 360 into the internet via cable provided, and ran a test to see if it connected. It told me the connection was fine, but when it came down to the XBOX360 connection, it failed, and an error message was shown.

As for the Wii, I'm not sure what I need. I tink there is a Nintendo WiFi connector which should do the trick, but then would I need something similar for the 360?

Is there some wireless system that could be used to hook up everything? What would I need?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

The Wii is Wi Fi capable out of the box, so it should be able to hook up to wireless no probs, without any add on. However, the xbox360 needs a seperate attachment to attach to Live wireslessly and it'll set you back up to €100 in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you a wireless router? I'm pretty sure the Wii can connect to that.

Other than waiting for replies, I'm sure there's guides, either on Nintendo's & Microsoft's (Xbox) sites, or from the popular game sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

FutureGuy wrote:
    I haven't the foggiest as to what I need to do :(

I plugged the 360 into the internet via cable provided, and ran a test to see if it connected. It told me the connection was fine, but when it came down to the XBOX360 connection, it failed, and an error message was shown.

This might be to do the firewall settings on your router you are using, firewall settings vary from router to router so consult the manual or go to xbox site and they may have guides for certain routers.

Advertisement