Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii and Games

Options
  • 08-12-2006 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

So picked up my Wii this morning. Got Twilight Princess, Wii-play (also picked up a nun-chuck which game ran out of about 2 people later) and Raving Rabbids. What games did others go for? Looks like Wii-play will pretty much sell out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=578

just got Zelda and a classic controller here, gonna leave Wii Play until crimbo...
    Also got Donkey Kong Country, Mario 64, Golden Axe and Bomberman '93 for the VC...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Zelda and Wii Play for me. Also got a second nunchuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

just rayman yesterday for me, but i have zelda and wii play coming..oh and resi 4:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

How exactly does the virtual console work ? Is it easy to use ? Can I plug the wii into my router ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The Wii is wireless out of the box. AFAIK, you need an adaptor in order to connect it via wires instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Zelda and Wii Play for me. Also got a second nunchuck.
    Same as yerself.

Though I'm tempted to pick up Rayman, everyones going mad for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Slurms wrote:
    Though I'm tempted to pick up Rayman, everyones going mad for it!

Having picked up Rayman I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Sure it's fun and all, but there is no real multi-player, it's more each-take-a-turn-player. Which is disappointing. And given I was picking it up for the party atmosphere and where some games can take quite a while this is a pitfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I'd go for Rayman, loving it myself at the moment! Haven't really tried the multiple controller style multiplayer yet. Had too much craic taking turns through the single player and laughing at how we looked and at those wascally wabbids! Everytime I turn it on and one of them goes screaming across the screen I can't help but start laughing! Best characters/creatures to hit games in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Having picked up Rayman I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Sure it's fun and all, but there is no real multi-player, it's more each-take-a-turn-player. Which is disappointing. And given I was picking it up for the party atmosphere and where some games can take quite a while this is a pitfall.
    Aye reading the reviews I think I might hold off until Wario Ware comes out. 200 mini-games sounds a helluva lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Slurms wrote:
    Aye reading the reviews I think I might hold off until Wario Ware comes out. 200 mini-games sounds a helluva lot better.

It will probably be better as the Gamecube one was class, but I think Rayman is an excellent or certainly viable alternative, Wario won't be out until the 26th of January. Frankly I'd recommend getting both but then why not?

Oh one thing tho, Wario's games are like 3 seconds long, Rayman's are typically a lot longer with the on-rails shooter sections stretching to 4/5 minutes. Plus the Rabbids = Hilarity. Its a shame you can't rent Wii games really, I'm itching for some multi-player Red Steel action but reviews are making sure my money stays snug in my wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Slurms wrote:

Wario's are Micro-games meaning they last about 3-5 seconds each. Its stupidly frantic and stupidly fun. I'd recommend it after playing the DS version.

I think that Rayman is worth the money too. This looks like it could be fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2y4o6E-iME&mode=related&search=

Advertisement