Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's name and shame the worst service in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellowhill

I'd like to nominate the 'cab company' Dial a cab. At 8 am this morning i booked a cab for 9. i was told that was no problem. At 9.15, i rang looking for the late cab and was told it would be 9.30. Ok, I reasoned, only half an hour late and it is raining..... At 9.50! I rang again and was told the cab had been dispatched 6 minutes ago and should be with me in 10 mins. At 10.25(!) i rang again and was told that the cab had been dispatched an hour ago and the fault lay with the driver (ie not the cab companys problem) when i questioned (nicely) why I had been given a different story shortly before and why i hadn't been informed of an obvious shortage of cabs when I booked at 8am the 'lovely lady' told me that they couldn't be expected to keep track of all the cabs and calls in the mornings and then she hung up! Charming....I decided to leave the house in heavy rain, walk to the nearest main road and try my best to hail a cab. This was at 10.40. I've no idea if the cab ever turned up!..DIAL A CAB...BE AWARE OF VERY VERY VERY CRAP SERVICE my friends.
    Still Christmas is coming.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

Yellowhill wrote:
    I'd like to nominate the 'cab company' Dial a cab. At 8 am this morning i booked a cab for 9. i was told that was no problem. At 9.15, i rang looking for the late cab and was told it would be 9.30. Ok, I reasoned, only half an hour late and it is raining..... At 9.50! I rang again and was told the cab had been dispatched 6 minutes ago and should be with me in 10 mins. At 10.25(!) i rang again and was told that the cab had been dispatched an hour ago and the fault lay with the driver (ie not the cab companys problem) when i questioned (nicely) why I had been given a different story shortly before and why i hadn't been informed of an obvious shortage of cabs when I booked at 8am the 'lovely lady' told me that they couldn't be expected to keep track of all the cabs and calls in the mornings and then she hung up! Charming....I decided to leave the house in heavy rain, walk to the nearest main road and try my best to hail a cab. This was at 10.40. I've no idea if the cab ever turned up!..DIAL A CAB...BE AWARE OF VERY VERY VERY CRAP SERVICE my friends.
    Still Christmas is coming.....:D

That is just woeful. I hate to see providers getting away with this sort of non-service. Can you complain to the taxi regulator ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you may indeed complain to the taxi regulator

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sponge Bob wrote:
    you may indeed complain to the taxi regulator
    I may do this myself, one of these days. A cab company in Swords main street told me that a particular journey would cost €6. If I get a cab through them, it costs between €7 and €9. If I flag down a cab right outside their office, it'll cost €5, give or take 50 cents. There's something dodgy about that. Think its the only cab company on Swords mainstreet, so that's me f*cked.

Advertisement