Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Poneeer head unit repaired - anyone know how?

Options
  • 08-12-2006 2:10pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I boght a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP from Ebay.co.uk. When I fit it I realsied it is not working correctly as it will not eject the CD. At the moment I am unable to contact the seller but I hope nto send back to Pioneer to get repaired. I've no diea if it is still under warranty as yet.

Does anyone here know if Pioneer have a repair centre in Ireland? I emailed the UK support address but got no responce. What should I do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Zascar wrote:
    I boght a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP from Ebay.co.uk. When I fit it I realsied it is not working correctly as it will not eject the CD. At the moment I am unable to contact the seller but I hope nto send back to Pioneer to get repaired. I've no diea if it is still under warranty as yet.

Does anyone here know if Pioneer have a repair centre in Ireland? I emailed the UK support address but got no responce. What should I do?
    Thanks

Try these people-i got the number from the pioneer european site-
    Audio Vision Import LTD. (Pioneer distributor)
    service: (+353) 1 240 5643;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Do ebay not have a policy about faulty items being sold through the net. They can stop payment and you send the item back

I know its the law that if you buy something on the net that you 7 days to return it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've been on to paypal. They say I can send it back and get a refund perhaps, btu i could perfer to get it repaired and have him pay for it, cause I got a good deal and I really like the head unit.

Thanks Mondeoman I'll give them a try. www.avi.ie is their website

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

kluivert wrote:
    I know its the law that if you buy something on the net that you 7 days to return it

I think cooling off only applies to stuff bought from businesses, not second hand stuff bought from individuals on the likes of ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll second Mondeomans suggestion of AV Imports - beside Frank Keane BMW.

I got a Pioneer DSP (DEQ-9200) repaired there on two occasions. Great service. IIRC, the name of the guy I dealt with was Shane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Zascar wrote:
    I've been on to paypal. They say I can send it back and get a refund perhaps, btu i could perfer to get it repaired and have him pay for it, cause I got a good deal and I really like the head unit.

Thanks Mondeoman I'll give them a try. www.avi.ie is their website

You can use a link to request the sellers Telephone number they have registered with eBay with.
    Try that, failing that, put in a claim against him via Paypal. What happens is that you say that either you want the item replaced or a full refund via paypal. If the dude doesn't respond in 20-30 days you get your money back :)
    If he responds, yea gota bring it to a repair shop to get a sign cert to say its busted and send it to eBay/Paypal then they will refund you and bill the other guys account leaving him to deal with it and not you allowing you to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

There's a place out on the Naas Road that repaired an old Pioneer head-unit of mine a zillion years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There's a place out on the Naas Road that repaired an old Pioneer head-unit of mine a zillion years ago.
    My money says that it was AV Imports...................

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

kerbdog wrote:
    You can use a link to request the sellers Telephone number they have registered with eBay with.
    Try that, failing that, put in a claim against him via Paypal. What happens is that you say that either you want the item replaced or a full refund via paypal. If the dude doesn't respond in 20-30 days you get your money back :)
    If he responds, yea gota bring it to a repair shop to get a sign cert to say its busted and send it to eBay/Paypal then they will refund you and bill the other guys account leaving him to deal with it and not you allowing you to get it fixed.
    Thanks. I have opened a dispute with paypal and an email has been sent to him with an explanation. I said in the notes that all I want is for him to pay for the repair of the unit, I do not want the hassle of returning it and finding another one.
    Apparently after 20 days if a resolution has not been achieved they take his money and issue me with a refund. I then have to send it back to him (after he sends me the money for postage etc) this is what I’m told anyway.

He has not replied to any communication so far, so I’ve no idea what will happen.
    All advice appreciated.

Advertisement