Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos's wii ad

Options
  • 08-12-2006 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I just had to post this because of how infuriated I was at what argos said in their Christmas edition catalogue. It states that you will need to pre=order a wii to secure yours. This all seems fine. Then I ring up and find to my surprise that this ad only applies in the U.K stores and you can't pre-order in Ireland.

I looked up that the "Consumer Information Act of 1978" says that it is against the law to have a false service advertised. Argos are breaking this law.

They say that this is for English customers only. I just dont understand why this is the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Was the ad shown on a UK tv station?

btw the pre order facility wasnt available in Ireland cos they couldnt be guaranteed to be in Ireland on Dec 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Nightwish wrote:
    Was the ad shown on a UK tv station?

btw the pre order facility wasnt available in Ireland cos they couldnt be guaranteed to be in Ireland on Dec 8.

lookin at start of thread, it was in their christmas catalogue that the OP most likely picked up from a store.

OP was there any small print attached to the ad for pre-order, e.g. pre-order* (*pre-order system only available in Mainland UK)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Sorry I didnt actually see that bit about the catalogue. Just want to say that there are signs up in all Argos stores apologising for the lack of Wii's, and the fact that Nintendo didnt supply enough to Argos, to be able to provide a pre-order facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 as_seen_on

daywalker wrote:
    lookin at start of thread, it was in their christmas catalogue that the OP most likely picked up from a store.

OP was there any small print attached to the ad for pre-order, e.g. pre-order* (*pre-order system only available in Mainland UK)?

The small print said that in order to secure yours you should ring up and pre-order. All the staff I have talked to said that this was only meant for the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Right I realise that these things are wrong and all. But seriously, why does anyone care. If they are not doing pre oreder, then they are not doing pre orders. People moanign and ringing consumer affairs/gerry ryan etc isnt going to make them do it (and even if it did, it wont make them magiclly have wii's ) so why not just move on to the next store when they say they arnt going to do pre orders?

Advertisement