Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New U.C.D. Student Members Welcome!!

Options
  • 08-12-2006 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just to let anybody know who has an interest...

The U.C.D. Mixed Martial Arts Club would like to invite any U.C.D. Student to our (stand up format classes) which take place on Mondays from 6.00 to 8.00 & Friday from 6.00 to 8.00 (these times are until Christmas Dec18th), then back to normal Monday at 7.00 & Friday 6.00 in the sports centre in the new year,please note that the classes are for U.C.D. Students ONLY.

Anybody interetsed in the ground work classes can contact us for info.

Both formats are used for example for stand up we use Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) and for ground work we use Brazilian Ju Jitsu.

Male & Female members welcome.

Learn how to defend yourself, get fit, learn a new art and make new friends!!

All you require to take the class are as follows, hand wraps, t-shirt, gum shield, a pair of shorts, a willingness to learn and a smile!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Pimp Pimp! Hoorey!
    Pimp Pimp! Hoorey!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Pimp Pimp! Hoorey!
    Pimp Pimp! Hoorey!
    :) You love it!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

No way man

TAI CHI FOREVER

We could take you on anyday, bring you down to China town

gubbie wrote:
    No way man

TAI CHI FOREVER

Ha Ha...take you down to China Town I like that....ya might need more than them chop sticks though!!;)

All good.. different strokes for different folks eh, its great to see such a broad range of Martial Arts in U.C.D. it must have the best range by far than any other college in Ireland...keep up the training,

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Pfft. Internet people only fight with words.

And sometimes broken bottles.

• Advertisement

Pfft. Internet people only fight with words.

And sometimes broken bottles.
    YOU WANNA FIGHT!! Cos that sounds like a challenge

Actually Hulla... we like to use our energy and inner strength

my Tai Chi coach said I was violent...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Hadouken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Chee Chuck...

Sangre wrote:
    Hadouken!
    Tiger Uppercut!!!

As a streetfighter fan you know who the two last and hardest to kill fighters are...oh and yes they both practice Muay Thai!! The last one being my av!!

As for Gubbie..take it easy nobody wants a rumble!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I do mixed martial arts in UCD and I would encourage who has an interest in martial arts to pop down and try it out....you will LOVE it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Sonic BOOOOOOOOOOM!.

/wins

I was at Tai Chi the other day and we were watching the karate people practice and we were like "we could so take them on" and... to cut the long story short... now I'm gonna have to fight a guy twice my height... :eek:

gubbie wrote:
    I was at Tai Chi the other day and we were watching the karate people practice and we were like "we could so take them on" and... to cut the long story short... now I'm gonna have to fight a guy twice my height... :eek:
    if you joined mixed martial arts you could take the guy down and pound him;)

fatal wrote:
    if you joined mixed martial arts you could take the guy down and pound him;)
    ... you see thats kinda hard considering he's twice my strength and height so I gotta use the Tai to the Chi and conjour up some magical dragon to take him down for me

You see its all very logical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

fatal wrote:
    I do mixed martial arts in UCD and I would encourage who has an interest in martial arts to pop down and try it out....you will LOVE it!!!!

Will we get to meet Tito?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

gubbie wrote:
    ... you see thats kinda hard considering he's twice my strength and height so I gotta use the Tai to the Chi and conjour up some magical dragon to take him down for me

You see its all very logical
    If he is twice your height, he'll probably be a lot more than twice your strength, especially if you're a girly-girly.

Brimmy wrote:
    Will we get to meet Tito?

yea we invited tito and he said that he would train us for one session sometime next semester:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭astfgl

gubbie wrote:
    No way man

TAI CHI FOREVER

Maybe we should put that to the test...
    I think UCD should have its own Ultimate Fighting Championship, a UFC if you will (or a PrideFC if you wont;) ) We should get a big cage in the sports centre for Freshers Day (if they are still doing that this year)and people from different martial arts should compete in it.

astfgl wrote:
    I think UCD should have its own Ultimate Fighting Championship, a UFC if you will (or a PrideFC if you wont;) ) We should get a big cage in the sports centre for Freshers Day (if they are still doing that this year)and people from different martial arts should compete in it.
    :D
    My demonstrators say that Tai Chis the best martial arts, I assume all the others do the same, so you know, we could put it to the test. I think it should be done mid-year though rather then the start

gubbie wrote:
    :D
    My demonstrators say that Tai Chis the best martial arts, I assume all the others do the same, so you know, we could put it to the test

No one is going to spend a load of time learning something and admit that its crap (although after more than 3 years my course ain't looking so peachy:D)
    gubbie wrote:
    I think it should be done mid-year though rather then the start
    Isnt there a Freshers day in January to get people to join clubs in the new year, maybe then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

astfgl wrote:
    Isnt there a Freshers day in January to get people to join clubs in the new year, maybe then?
    It's called the Refreshers day.

astfgl wrote:

That is a BRILLIANT idea....of course MMA would come out on top EVERYTIME though;)

astfgl wrote:

DO you think that it woulf be allowed though?

fatal wrote:
    I don't see why it wouldn't be. I mean as long as we make things fair-similar levels and all that, I don't see why not. I mean don't they have competitions normally anyway?

It could be like the martial arts version of the colours competitions that take place in rugby, hockey and rowing :)

fatal wrote:

There is an MMA league evrey year with its final leg in UCD so I dont think getting it allowed will be a problem. I think the main problem will be getting other clubs to compete in it and getting rules everyone will agree to ( I know you can pull hair/ eye gouge / stomp on the neck in "real fight", but I don't think they should be in a competition)

Advertisement