Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irishskateboarding.net

Options
  • 08-12-2006 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know about our new site that will be launching before the end of the year:

irishskateboarding.net

It all about getting as much info about skateboarding in ireland in the one place but the best bit is everyone contributes. We are looking for people to help us with this site so if you are able and willing to write articles from Irish skating news to World skating news, gear reviews, park reviews and tips and tricks or anything else you can think of then get in touch.

You can email us at info@irishskateboarding.net and let us know what you would be interested in doing and we will be in touch.

Looking forward to hearing from people

Dashe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

good good.

will load all the info from the goreyskateclub website about all the projects around the country

peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dashe

Hi Wreckless

Are you involved with the goreyskateclub site, if so are you giving permission for us to reproduce the articles on our site.

Would you be interested in writing articles about skating on the site, or about gear or tricks, anything at all?

Dashe

Well we have had some feedback from people so far offering to help us out but we do need more so please please if your interested in skating and can contribute in any way get in touch : info@irishskateboarding.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Glad to hear your going to be up and running soon. I'd love to contibute, dont know what i'd do though???? A bit handy with photoshop and video editing software, and i also know HTML if thats any good! Maybe i could write reviews of skateparks...hmm.. But I had been waiting 16 years for a park in this country so I think they all rock!!! hehe
    Seriously though, I'll join forums if you have them and hopefully contribute.
    Maybe it could be an outlet/portel for getting comps organised or pros to visit.
    Anything which enriches the skate scene here is good in my book.
    Best of luck

Well we have opened the site. So come over and register, get chatting abuot Skating stuff. We have very little content on the site at the moment but are addding more every day so if you got something to contribute just lets us know.

Dashe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

You copied and pasted the news on the Edinburgh park straight from the Kingpin site. You could at least have reworded it.

http://www.kingpinmag.com/blogs/niall_neeson/edinburgh-skatepark-project-is-off

Why are all the ads for UK mail order companies? Have you approached G1, Rukos, Boaderco, Ramp City, The Quarry, 56 North, Boggin, WDC, skater owned shops, etc. about ads or sponsorship? Schuh, sportsunlimtedextreme and the like really couldn't care less about skating here, outside of the money. I know they're probably just Google ads, but you should definitely look into changing that ASAP.

Footage links, links to other decent Irish skate sites and the like would be good too. Aside from that, start gathering info on all the proposed and finished parks so far here. Reviews, directions, plans, discussion of plans, whom to employ (Mark Wojton, Jezza, Freestyle), whom not to employ (GBH, Rhino, Eibe, playground companies, etc.). This will be the most important thing for your site - once there are good parks in place, then there'll be more people skating who then in turn come to your site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

Hehe, well at least its getting further then that "skateboarding.ie" thing ever did and that little Irish take on "rolling through the decades"! Good to see somebody actually following through with what they're sayin they're gonna do! keep it up, though you would really want to get some more stuff onto that site because there isnt exactly a whole lot on it now! Just try getting information out of the few official skate places in the country like skateparks and skate shops and whatnot!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

As for the adds, they are simply google adds at the moment but I have actually been in contact with some of the skate shops and am waiting on information back from them.

As for getting info on all the parks that is also under way. I thought if I get the site open for now start trying to get news and the forum is up then people might start using it.

As for more content, I need people to help with it, feel free to get the news from other sites and reword it and if you like I can add you to the news team and you can subbmit news for the site.

I know there is the gorey site with tons of info on the parks around ireland but where can i get more info on skating in Ireland ? The framework is there just need people to be willing to help run the site.

info@irishskateboarding.net

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Good.

looking for ward to seeing the new site anyway geezer.

i am the site designer for the www.goreyskateclub.com website. I am also the skate club secretary and the manager of the Wreckless Skate Shop, www.wreckless.ie.

I am busy updating the club website to reflect all the news Ive got recently about the projects happening around the country. Should have a load of new pages hopefully and more photos.

Feel free to use my info for articles and storie sand news , but i only ask that u reflect my name and club website with any details used. wud that bee cool?

Advertisement