Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership This Weekend

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'll assume I'm not the only person who's bemused by Arsenal fans feeling hard done by one of their old favourites stabbing them in the back to go to a local rival...
    Did Spurs fans cheer Sol Campbell after his move across North London?

Most Arsenal fans don't feel hard done by, it's not like Cole walked out on us for nothing to our most bitter rivals. We got Gallas and 5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Did Spurs fans cheer Sol Campbell after his move across North London?

Thanks for reinforcing my point...

As for the reaction to Cole's "betrayal"...

Let's make Perry Groves better than Ahsley Cole

Is Ashley Cole stupid
    The little back-stabbing twerp has begun serialising bits of his official biography in the English tabloids, and they are sensational if nothing else.

In fact, so much of it sounds like complete and utter rubbish that one has to wonder just how deluded Cole is.

Ashley Cole - This is a fan's defence
    I can't say I am at all impressed with you. It seems so greedy, selfish, egotistic, pathetic, there are many words for you right now but not many of them are printable, you can have a pick at which suits you the most. Personally right at this moment in time I would opt for all of them. They all describe who you have become in their own way.

I think it is time now to explain things a little more, why I feel so betrayed by you. Someone who classed himself as a gooner, yet has betrayed the club you claimed to love.

Even Lemon thinks he's due it:
    "Of course. He should get it," Lehmann said. "That's football and it makes it exciting. If not, it would have meant he wasn't an important player for them [the fans]. But he was, he was a vital member of our squad and we had big success with him so of course he has to expect some negative emotions towards him."

Clicky

Gosh, even you had you say on the affair...

His jealousy of Henry's position with Arsenal fans shows how warped his deluded little world view is. There are very good and obvious reasons why Henry is loved and pleaded with to stay, and he is hated and discarded.

Clicky

Maybe hard done by was the wrong word to use, perhaps betrayed was a better option?

Thanks for reinforcing my point...
    What exactly is your point? You say you're confused by the feelings of Arsenal fans towards Cole - what exactly is confusing about it? I would have thought as a Spurs fan you'd know exactly how it feels.
    Gosh, even you had you say on the affair...
    And at no point did I mention being hard done by.
    Maybe hard done by was the wrong word to use, perhaps betrayed was a better option?
    Betrayed was a better option. You should have used that word in the first place, I wouldn't have flagged you on it if you had. Good job on summarising how Arsenal fans feel about Cole, it was an enjoyable read.

What exactly is your point? You say you're confused by the feelings of Arsenal fans towards Cole - what exactly is confusing about it? I would have thought as a Spurs fan you'd know exactly how it feels.

Exactly Pepe old chap, exactly.

Which is why I'm baffled by Arsenal fans who were happy to take our Judas into the Goon fold so easily. Now you do know what it feels like, I hope it really gets to you all.

Exactly Pepe old chap, exactly.

Which is why I'm baffled by Arsenal fans who were happy to take our Judas into the Goon fold so easily. Now you do know what it feels like, I hope it really gets to you all.
    Baffled because Arsenal fans are actually human?

The situation could be compared to cheating on a partner, then feeling betrayed later in life when cheated on by a different partner. It's slightly hypocritical but then we're not robots and one can't help but feel it. Hardly baffling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

therecklessone, you should be well used to this kind of thing, being a Shels fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Baffled because Arsenal fans are actually human?

The situation could be compared to cheating on a partner, then feeling betrayed later in life when cheated on by a different partner. It's slightly hypocritical but then we're not robots and one can't help but feel it. Hardly baffling!

wow, pretty deep stuff there pepsi

in reality though, cambell left spurs because he wanted to win stuff and get paid well for doing it, which he did.

cole just wanted the money, because he'd already won stuff, and the potential to win futher was already there at arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You coming today Phil??

el rabitos wrote:

in reality though, cambell left spurs because he wanted to win stuff and get paid well for doing it, which he did.

There's not one Spurs fan I know had a problem with Campbell leaving the club, his destination and the manner in which he conducted himself in the months leading up to the transfer were the problem.

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote:
    wow, pretty deep stuff there pepsi
    Well rabit, it's true!

cole just wanted the money, because he'd already won stuff, and the potential to win futher was already there at arsenal
    Also, when the sun goes down at night it gets dark, there is a football team in England called Liverpool, a telephone is generally used to talk to someone, and the green man means you can cross!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone read Ashley's diary in the Sunday Times today?

Funny stuff :p

Pacifico wrote:
    Anyone read Ashley's diary in the Sunday Times today?

Funny stuff :p
    ?

There's an interesting article in the Times about Mourinho moving to Inter next summer, but I haven't seen anything about dear Ashley...

Its on page 8 of the Sports section, "Dear Diary" by John Aizlewood.

Ugh, Arsenal start 4-5-1 with Van Persie and Flamini in midfield.

This spells disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Its the Arsenal back four that spells disaster. Senderos already looks all over the place.

• Advertisement

Adebayor is too isolated and the Djourou/Senderos pairing is too young and lacks match sharpness. I'll be very surprised if Chelsea don't score in the second half. Wenger should bring on either Walcott or Baptista and go 2 up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good game, pretty even. Arsenal let off the hook once or twice though, with Lampard hitting the post and Cesc clearing off the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Drogba. :mad:

Back to his normal diving self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

hahahahahaha, that little thing between drogba and lehmann there was hilarious.

on another note, i like the way gilberto handles the captaincy, always tries to calm down eboue and the likes

LOL Lehmann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The sooner someref has the balls to give a peno for lehmann crap the beter, if drogba had the ball at his feet when Lehmann did that it would have been a peno and probably a red card. So why should it make a difference that it was off the ball?

Arsees to that. 0-1

Where was the marking? Also I'd blame Lampard there. He stood, glanced at Flamini wandering into the box and turned away. I hate lazy players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

1 nil gunners

Chelsea really should have had this wrappe dup by now. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus Wenger bring on Walcott !!! Its made for him !

Oh yeah!! :D

What a hit son. :eek:

Nearly took Drogba's head off. :D Lehmann should have saved himself the bother of wasting energy and just walked straight into his net to get the ball.

Very slack marking by Chelsea in their own box again.

Bugger!

what a scremer:eek: 1-1

Someone should tell Wright-Phillips he doesnt have to pass to Arsenal players everytime he gets the ball.:(

Lol at Drogba and his fake limp.:D

• Advertisement

The ref should be allowed to add 30 mins extra time to games this good. :D

How the **** did that not go in? :eek:

Jesus no...a draw is perfect. Blow it up man. :D

Seriously , someone needs to take a sander to the posts at Stamford Bridge. Great block by Flamini.

Great game. DHow did Arsenal get out of that with a draw?

Jaysus the Chinese lads on this stream are nearly having heart attacks!!!!!

good game and good result for utd

Stekelly wrote:
    How the **** did that not go in? :eek:

And again.

I had to get up and walk around for the last 15 minutes to relax, my heart was skipping beats all over the place. Christ.

Very good result for l'Arse considering the circumstances. Need to beat Wigan on Wednesday now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Exciting last quarter of the game, good result for Man United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Nicely done Arsenal. No team deserved to lose that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh well was hoping for Chelsea win (ugh).C'mon Wigan

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Woohoo 8 points clear and they only have one game in hand. Sounds good, doesn't it? C'mon Newcastle another draw midweek, please. Chelsea need to learn to drop Shev..... lets hope they dont.

Or Newcastle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That was a good game, imo I think Ballack has unsettled the side since he came, Chelsea have won the league the last two years playing attacking wide football with Robben/Cole/SWP/Duff creating the chances, now they just try and go straight down the middle.

Robben changed the game when he came on, SWP however seemed to want to pass to Arsenal players.

The funniest thing was by far Drogba and Lehman jumping to the ground with the lightest contact, seriously this used to be a mans game.

From the BBC:
    1748: Arsene Wenger is still fuming on the touchline, he believes Cole
    committed a foul in the build-up to Chelsea's goal. Amazing - the Frenchman never usually sees anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

My heart is still racing after that game, jesus christ like, Arsenal are trying to give heart attacks to the entire following of Man United.

Great last 20 minutes, pretty annoyed that Chelsea's goal was allowed to happen considering the blatent foul by Cole, but what can ya do.

Chelsea will continue to play 4-4-2 with central midfielders because it's their best chance to win the CL.
    p.s. Ballack has been great since he joined Chelsea, if anyone should be dropped it should be Lampard.
    Makelele-Essien-Ballack is their best midfield trio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

PHB wrote:
    p.s. Ballack has been great since he joined Chelsea, if anyone should be dropped it should be Lampard.
    Makelele-Essien-Ballack is their best midfield trio

There is no doubting his ability but what I meant was his arrival has led to Chelsea changing their style which imo is not as effective as their previous style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Stupid Chelsea the one time i wanted them to win they let me down and before all the united supporters complain its not cause i hate united its because I hate Lehmann and Arsenal I really hate lehmann and i think he is (Insert hate filled words here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great game, last 20 minutes were as exciting as any I've seen this season.

The highlight had to be Drogba vs Lehmann, and the two of them going down under each other's brushes (for lack of a better word, but that's all they were!). Gave me a right laugh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

lucky gooners, enough chances for chelsea to win that game , can't believe drogba missed that sitter and we had to rely on essien to get the goal. Great game of football though, 2nd half in particular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement