Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IqOn

• 08-12-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭

Ok so the gf went out and bought herself one in Tesco's when they were on offer and thought it was great until she took it out of the box. 2 months in and not thing but problems ( crashing , wont turn on , turns on with black screen, internet cable falls out (seems the hole is too big)) . What can she do , actually can she do anything? Its still under warranty , can she get refund or would she be better to get it fixed by them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

As regards the internet cable, there is a lan cable on one side and an a telephone jack on the other. I know it sounds stupid but is it connected to the right socket. I bought the power pack and am very happy with it and it runs like a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

internet cable falls out (seems the hole is too big)) .

TBH, this really sounds like you are putting the telephone cable into the LAN port. All computery type stuff fits snugly into it's place, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't belong (Ooooh, there's a new phrase).
    What can she do , actually can she do anything? Its still under warranty , can she get refund or would she be better to get it fixed by them.

If it's still under warranty, get it fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

tom dunne wrote:
    TBH, this really sounds like you are putting the telephone cable into the LAN port. All computery type stuff fits snugly into it's place, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't belong (Ooooh, there's a new phrase).

If it's still under warranty, get it fixed.

Sorry its the lan cable to lan port not the the telephone cable. It seems snug
    but what happens is you have to keep it held in other wise the connection is lost. And before you ask the lan cable is grand not broken works on my laptop.

Is there a little piece of plastic sticking up from the top of the jack to keep it in place. As I said I have used mine and found no problem.

It could also be a faulty laptop. Just make sure it is broke before you send it in for repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Is there a little piece of plastic sticking up from the top of the jack to keep it in place. As I said I have used mine and found no problem.

Yeah its there , know from expieriance its a pain in the arse if that little thing breaks:mad:

Well as I said, make sure it is broken before you get it repaired. Could be gone for a couple of weeks if you send it in.

Advertisement