Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beach bum needs help with tutorials

Options
  • 08-12-2006 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am an amatuer graphic designer who dropped out of college years ago to go surfing. Just got out the sea and realised I need to start a career. I am looking for some help in locating tutorials as for some reason nobody was paying me to go down to the beach and get a tan, so I can't afford to go back to college. BOO HOO! Basically I want to sit and teach myself as many of the programs needed for as little as possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction for good FREE video tutorials for Photoshop & Illustrator? I also found a website called elance which lets you post your portfolio and then bid for projects posted. does anyone know of similar websites? Your help would be much apprecciated by this unemployed beach bum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/by-job/Logo-Design.html

This is the type of site i was talking about, but this is American i think. Hopefully looking for something local, or at least in europe. Cheers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

www.3dbuzz.com have a few video tutorials for Photoshop, I'm not sure if they're any good or if they're a bit too remedial for you, but it's a start anyway.
    I mainly use 3dbuzz for their 3dsmax tutorials which I've found very good.

Another forum I read/oogle at a lot is CGTalk, but again, mainly for the purdy pictures people post of their work... (some amazing 3d art on that site, you should check it out)... I've linked to their thread on 'links to Photoshop tutorials'... and again I haven't looked at any of them, but judging by the quality of work on their forums, I'd say their posters know their shít and have provided links to good tuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

thanks mate, nothing at this stage is too remedial, starting from scratch, that 3d buzz site looks handy, so much too learn, ooh my head hurts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The Photoshop Killer Tips and Photoshop TV video podcasts are excellent. I learned a lot using them.

Advertisement