Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice One Dev

Options
  • 08-12-2006 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, how did you conclude that AH was the next more relevant forum?

Ask me a question and I don't have the means to answer it. Well I had posted in the Antiques and Collectibles forum many months ago. I looked to post there again and saw it was a dead donkey.
    I didn't take the hump, I merely resenting being warned for violating the rules once, admitting it and then being warned twice more, and all in quick succession. I believe I wasn't the only one who thought the Mod's attitude was a little off.

I forgot I broke the rules (twice in my entire time on boards), I'm a serious repeat offender obviously.

Ok, obviously I didn't strictly need to start a new thread, I was supposed to be unable to answer your question, but I resent being asked a question and not being given the means to answer it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Homer wrote:
    Do I know what "rhetorical" means?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

:confused: Whats Dev got to do with this? Pigheads mad confused. :mad: :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Dev died on August 29 1975,Link. Which is two days before my birthday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Damn you Devolera, damn you!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

eo980 wrote:
    Ask me a question and I don't have the means to answer it. Well I had posted in the Antiques and Collectibles forum many months ago. I looked to post there again and saw it was a dead donkey.
    I didn't take the hump, I merely resenting being warned for violating the rules once, admitting it and then being warned twice more, and all in quick succession. I believe I wasn't the only one who thought the Mod's attitude was a little off.

I forgot I broke the rules (twice in my entire time on boards), I'm a serious repeat offender obviously.

Ok, obviously I didn't strictly need to start a new thread, I was supposed to be unable to answer your question, but I resent being asked a question and not being given the means to answer it.

Hi eo980. Did you try pm'ing Dev with your responce and maybe asking him to post your answer at the end of last the thread before starting another thread in feedback?

It's buck all to do with me but I followed the last thread and I can't see your gripe, you posted in the wrong forum for traffic, end of.

Also, Dev didn't lock the last thread Talliesin did. Dev might not even have noticed it was locked.

Put it behind you. :)

@ Pighead: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055024961&page=3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh for (Insert Diety's name) sake!

You just don't know when to quit, do you? You're just waffling for the sake of it, aren't you? Give over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Dub13 wrote:
    Dev died on August 29 1975,Link. Which is two days before my birthday.

Little known fact, while De Valeras Corporeal form died in 75, he has since lived on in the form of an Apple I computer, with the Netword ID "DeVore". For a long time he only existed over IRC until a man called John Breslin collaborated with "DeVore" on the creation of a website. The rest, they say, is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I heard Dev's IP address is 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

eo980 wrote:
    but I resent being asked a question and not being given the means to answer it.

CAN U PM HIM!? I SPEK N TXTSPK COS URE SO DUM!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Crucifix wrote:
    Do I know what "rhetorical" means?

I am well aware of what a rhetorical question is, but when your slandered here, I believe you should be given the opportunity to answer it.
    Sparks400 wrote:
    Also, Dev didn't lock the last thread Talliesin did. Dev might not even have noticed it was locked.

Oh I know that, but he still answered it and it remained locked, leavine me unable to provide an answer.
    amp wrote:
    CAN U PM HIM!? I SPEK N TXTSPK COS URE SO DUM!

Yeah Yeah whatever. Never thought of that one.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

eo980 wrote:
    I am well aware of what a rhetorical question is, but when your slandered here, I believe you should be given the opportunity to answer it.
    Be very careful about crying slander on this site. You could end up with no right to reply whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

eo980 get over to Antiques & Collectible quick. There's a poster over there. I'll try to keep him busy until you get there. Don't say nobody tried to help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You're doing a good job, Hagar, just keep him there a little longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I was able to identify the WWI bandolier for him. He's buggered off now, happy as Larry.
    Being helpful backfires sometimes.:o

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

eo980 wrote:

Oh I know that, but he still answered it and it remained locked, leavine me unable to provide an answer.

That's fantastic, but there is a private message function, that I'm sure you're quite aware of, having been around nearly as long as I have.

This is very clearly an attempt to rile it up in public view. A tad thoughtless, don't you think? You got your nose whacked with a paper in another thread, and now you're trying to defend your e-honour.

The main problem with this - and you'll have to excuse my bluntness - is that the administrators can ban you for liking the colour indigo. Picking a quarrel with a mod or SMod is one thing, they have rules to follow; admins are a different kettle of fish altogether.

It's like shaking your fist at the sky during a lightning storm.

Hagar wrote:
    I was able to identify the WWI bandolier for him. He's buggered off now, happy as Larry.
    Being helpful backfires sometimes.:o

I was most greatful for your help Hagar as I'm sure this poster will be.

CuLT wrote:
    That's fantastic, but there is a private message function, that I'm sure you're quite aware of, having been around nearly as long as I have.

This is very clearly an attempt to rile it up in public view. A tad thoughtless, don't you think? You got your nose whacked with a paper in another thread, and now you're trying to defend your e-honour.

The main problem with this - and you'll have to excuse my bluntness - is that the administrators can ban you for liking the colour indigo. Picking a quarrel with a mod or SMod is one thing, they have rules to follow; admins are a different kettle of fish altogether.

It's like shaking your fist at the sky during a lightning storm.

You know I just never thought of the whole PM thing, honestly, it just never crossed my mind. I'm clearly a retard. I'm not picking a quarrel with anyone, just merely expressing my views.

However, I can see that it is and will continue to be a fruitless exercise, so if you want to lock this thread, knock yourselves out. I'm clearly going to get absolutely nowhere with this, and to be quite honest it's all carried over into Saturday and I have better things to be doing than sitting here, defending myself and my posts. I'd gladly pick that up on monday though.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

eo980 wrote:
    I have better things to be doing than sitting here, defending myself and my posts.

Good; honestly, I recommend dropping it, but if you want to pursue it, private message is really the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hagar wrote:
    eo980 get over to Antiques & Collectible quick. There's a poster over there. I'll try to keep him busy until you get there. Don't say nobody tried to help.
    That made me laugh out loud! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

"Defending the e-honour." What a marvelous phrase. Nice one Cult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

eo980 wrote:
    However, I can see that it is and will continue to be a fruitless exercise, so if you want to lock this thread, knock yourselves out.
    You started a thread by describing your posting on AH to get traffic and then complaining that you hadn't posted on AH to get traffic.

How did you ever not think that would be a fruitless exercise?

Talliesin wrote:
    You started a thread by describing your posting on AH to get traffic and then complaining that you hadn't posted on AH to get traffic.

How did you ever not think that would be a fruitless exercise?

There you go dragging it up again! Would you quit it eh?

eo. What exactly is it that you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Talliesin ..... would you have a link for that photo in your signature:confused:
    (full size photo if poss)

would be eternally gratefull ......

It's nice isn't it, I was looking for ages for a photo showing the nape of someone in a slave collar (not exactly the easiest thing to google) for my signature (nicely not at all explicit, after all it's just a neck) and then I came across one at the wikipedia article on BDSM large version is here and it's licensed with the GNU Free Documentation License so I'm not even breaking copyright in using it (though it does mean that I have to license my signature under the GNU Free Documentation License too).
    Can't say I did a particularly good job with it though. I lack skillz :(

Oh Blimey ..... :)

it was the Eagle over the Moon I was looking for ..... :p

Any chance ..... :confused:

Talliesin wrote:
    eo. What exactly is it that you want?

I don't want anything, I've given up caring about this issue, I've moved on. I was merely pointing out that you dragged this thread up again as you had the last one. I was prepared to forget about it but you felt compelled to comment.

hobie wrote:
    it was the Eagle over the Moon I was looking for ..... :p
    Ah, the avatar rather than the signature.

Sorry, don't have a link to the original. I know I found it by accident while googling for raven and moon in an attempt to find another image that I'd previously made an avatar out of that got lost in a hard drive crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Google=>Images=> "raven moon"

Its on the first page.

• Advertisement

Google=>Images=> "raven moon"

Its on the first page.

That's the one .... thanks guys ....:)

raven_moon-300.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement