Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum IMG tags on?

Options
  • 08-12-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Can we get IMG tags on for soccer as with the access system theres less chance for it to be abused.

kdjac
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can see huge threads of "great goal-scroring moments" and the like.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

mike65 wrote:
    I can see huge threads of "great goal-scroring moments" and the like.

Mike.
    I've never come across any threads like that on various other soccer forums with img tags. Only the odd celebration in live match threads.

But someone will start one and the internet will crash! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Thank god for reported posts and the moderators eh :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

For someone who has only escaped a soccer ban on a technicality, I find your concern with how the forum is run....amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

So is there any chance of it? Can't see any problems with it myself, and it could come in handy on occasion.

psi/Thanks4TheFish, opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    So is there any chance of it? Can't see any problems with it myself, and it could come in handy on occasion.

psi/Thanks4TheFish, opinions?

Depends on the effect of Images on the server load to be honest. Boards has been slow of late and if the admins feel it would put undue strain on, then I'm a bit divided - while I'd obviously like them on in soccer, I don't want to see a page slothly loading.

Muppetry with images won't be a problem - I can assure you of this,

If the admins are OK with it, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

psi wrote:
    Depends on the effect of Images on the server load to be honest. Boards has been slow of late and if the admins feel it would put undue strain on, then I'm a bit divided - while I'd obviously like them on in soccer, I don't want to see a page slothly loading.

Muppetry with images won't be a problem - I can assure you of this,

If the admins are OK with it, I'm happy.

True. I'm not too sure about the technical side of things but if the images are linked from external sites does that still have an effect on the boards server? Could there be a kind of a compromise situation if not, whereby only external images are loaded and not ones uploaded to boards.ie...

If that makes any sense to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No, externally hosted images shouldn't have cause to make a strain on boards' server afaik. I think that forums with img off have been put in place not for that issue, but the general philosophy of the forum. For example, PI has img off, because there is no good reason to be posting images on that forum imo.

The soccer forum may have had img switched off when all the muppetry was happening, as a way of lessening it. But I don't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I don't think that was the case Gordon, before the closure of the forum there were no images allowed either.

What about some kind of trial period, see how it pans out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Any updates/decision on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Images that are linked from external sites have no more effect on a server than text postings.

I would like to add my support to allow images on the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

i concur ....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

c'mon, lets be 'avin them

psi wrote:
    For someone who has only escaped a soccer ban on a technicality, I find your concern with how the forum is run....amusing.

Really? Not that have much interest in your amusment naturally. :)

Mike.

Advertisement