Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I right

Options
  • 08-12-2006 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

So I bought a Canon camera 1 year ago from a camera shop. It was faulty after 1 month and when I brought it back I was told I could not get a refund or a replacement and all they could do was send it back to Canon to be repaired. 6 weeks later I get it back (which didn't do down too well considering I study photography in college full time) and it works for a few months before breaking down with the same fault. When I brought it back again I was told they it had nothing to do with them (again) and all they could do was send it back to Canon and it was up to them to decide whether it could be repaired or if I would be entitled to a repair. Is this right?I would have thought that considering it's broken down a second time that I would be able to get my money back or a new one? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It depends on the manufacturer I think, sometimes it is after the second or third repair that you will be entitled to a refund or replacement, read your T&Cs or warranty should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

legally they can do that but if you speak to someone high up you might do better

Advertisement