Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Million mile cars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It's really great to see people getting so much use from something they love.

I wonder are them vehicles recycable ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

_Brian_ wrote:
    It's really great to see people getting so much use from something they love.

I wonder are them vehicles recycable ?:D

Its good for the environment too. Apparently 85% of the emmisions from a car during its life occur during its production! Not sure what the source was for that, but if its true, its certainly food for thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

that was a good read! the story on the volvo was amazing ..now go have a read of the other volvo thred in the forum heheh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Irv Gordons Volvo was a Volvo not a rebaged ford like we have today.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Its good for the environment too. Apparently 85% of the emmisions from a car during its life occur during its production! Not sure what the source was for that, but if its true, its certainly food for thought!

Something gives me the feeling that doesn't apply to 1m mile cars..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jhegarty wrote:

LOL, you're probably right there. With the 07 plate rush on its way combined with even more SSIA money becoming available, I wonder what the mean mileage upon scrappage is for cars originally sold here. I'd wager it's less than 100,000 miles...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

jhegarty wrote:

Aye, but its still better than buying 10 new cars for eact 100,000 miles ;)

Advertisement