Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclelane IFSC to Eastlink

Options
  • 09-12-2006 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    not sure if this has been brought up before but I was wondering what people thought of the above cycleway.

I think it had the potential to be one of the best stretches of bike lane with the view across the liffey etc but for some reason the corpo decided to put bends in it every couple of hundred metres. Cyclists have to take a quick left followed by a quick right which is ok as long as there is no oncoming cyclist. However, if there is an oncoming cyclist it kinda becomes like a game of chicken where u have to guess whether the cyclist will stay on his side or cut the corner.

As its winter, I usually have the lane to myself, yet still i have had a few near misses and Im sure there will be lots of accidents in future. I think its a very stupid design and takes away from what could be a great cyclelane and I was wondering whether any cyclists were consulted in the design stage??

Anyway thats my rant,cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

I wouldn't call it cycleway and it's definitely not a cycle track.

Here are some photos:
    Sep 2005 (1/5 down)
    Jul 2006 (2/3 down)
    Eazos1 wrote:
    I think its a very stupid design and takes away from what could be a great cyclelane and I was wondering whether any cyclists were consulted in the design stage??

I'm very sure that Dublin Cycling Campaign wasn't involoved, but they ignore us anyway.

Advertisement