Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom connection dropping out

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jimbob wrote:
    Hi all,

I would just like to let you know that like techies customer I went with changing the brand of my router to BT Voyager 2091 from the dredded Netopia and have had no problems with it in the first month that I have it. :D

I went through two netopias and was beginning to think it was the telephone line, but thanks to a bit of investigation on boards.ie I decided to change the brand of router. It cost me 70 euro ( including wireless adapter) but was well worth it. No more torture anymore.:o

So anyone who seems to be getting dropped connections during certain times of the day continously (me 6-9 pm) and nearly going nuts (constantly restarting router durin this time), I would recommend changing the brand from netopia to another brand.

The netopias (silver one anyways) seem to pick up interference too easily and lose the connections. ethernet and wireless.

Anyone who has drop out problems should try and establish what their line stats are before spending money on a new router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

It has nothing to do with line stats.

My stats were pefect at other times during the day.

It is interference caused by other users generally at peak times.

I tried many options before getting a new router by myself.

Eircoms netopia routers are just useless b grade products.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jimbob wrote:
    It has nothing to do with line stats.

My stats were pefect at other times during the day.

It is interference caused by other users generally at peak times.

I tried many options before getting a new router by myself.

Eircoms netopia routers are just useless b grade products.

The cause of drop outs for other people may be related to their line quality thus my post.

I know several people who are quite happily using the Eircom supplied router with no problems although there has been mention here of some people experiencing overheating with their samples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

I know all of them wouldn't be bad. My parents have one and its fine(silver) and
    my sister and friend both have older blue one and they are fine.

But in places where there is interference on the line probably caused by third parties. people logging on etc a router replacement is probably the best option.

Sure i went through two netopias (silver) before i changed so def would have to say that they are not good enough under a little pressure.

Advertisement