Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boards.ie freespeech with terms and conditions of that right?

Options
  • 09-12-2006 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

After being banned from after hours and personal issues, its time to think that certain opinions are not welcome on boards. Whether the individual and their style of thinking is not accepted into a community causes so many problems in the justice of our society, yet the stereotype is reinforced by the "numb skull" moderators of this website! Any similar experiences are welcome on this thread if not don't post! Its about time someone post on this thread who thinks on my wavelenght and not a moderator who thinks on a specific sprectrum and doesn't appreciate the thoughts no matter how manifested of others!
    Boards.ie
    One question, does free speech mean you get banned for saying something that is in a rule that denies the right to free speech?
    If so, have in your charter: "free speech on this site is limited". Get honest and real with yourself and your users! It's like you want the perfect small, dark haired, computer nerd race on your site!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The admins have never advertised boards as a bastion of free speech. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

upthere, do a search about this. There have a been a few similar threads over the years.

Certain things are not allowed on Boards and therefore locked/censored. Repeat offenders get a ban.

I don't know why you were banned, but did you ask the mod of each forum?

Have a nice day. Enjoy the lovely posts that follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

Don't negatively reply to this thread, if you are you are stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It's like you want the perfect small, dark haired, computer nerd race on your site!
    You know too much.

Dispatch the monkeys.

Go to a real city in the world and you wouldn't last you primative apes!
    This entire forum is ridiculous! no other forum bar some ridiculous sites ban people for honesty and their expression! You should ban people from personal issues that constantly nag "we were drunk and i cheated am i ok?". Fools!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

upthere wrote:
    This entire forum is ridiculous! no other forum bar some ridiculous sites ban people for honesty and their expression! You should ban people from personal issues that constantly nag "we were drunk and i cheated am i ok?". Fools!

I think that Imbeciles! works better than Fools! there at the end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

godgivenright.jpg

So why are you still here? Free speech is not and never will be part of what boards is about. Do you think you're the first muppet to get up in arms about being banned? Please...

setmypeoplefree.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So you were banned at 01:22pm from PI and you started a thread here at 01:26 even before you pmed me re your ban from personal issues.

Also you were abusive to me in the pm

Private Message: Re: PI ban
    Today, 01:28
    upthere wrote:
    You are not very smart as you are denying free speech yet you are a personal issues moderator?! What a joke! Get real! I'm right in what I say no matter how much it offends someone! Numb skull!

Clear you are not smart enough to be allowed to have a boards.ie account and for your sake and the sake of everyone else I am hoping you will be site banned.

Have a nice life.
    Thaedydal

Kharn wrote:
    So why are you still here? Free speech is not and never will be part of what boards is about. Do you think you're the first muppet to get up in arms about being banned? Please...

setmypeoplefree.jpg
    Muppet? U sound dumb :D what an insult muppet! Dumb drunk!

Thaedydal wrote:
    So you were banned at 01:22pm from PI and you started a thread here at 01:26 even before you pmed me re your ban from personal issues.

Also you were abusive to me in the pm

Private Message: Re: PI ban
    Today, 01:28

Clear you are not smart enough to be allowed to have a boards.ie account and for your sake and the sake of everyone else I am hoping you will be site banned.

Have a nice life.
    Thaedydal

God you sound like a great catch!:rolleyes: Typical Irish person, it takes one to post a personal message up for public. Irish lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

upthere wrote:
    U sound dumb :D

I think this statement eloquently demonstrates upthere's firm grasp of irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Banned..no weh!:eek:

ah, they're already banned :( No more fun till he re-registers to continue the fight! :D

I can see now why people say why feedback is one of the best boards, it's given me a good laugh :)

bah!
    166814862519326180580945_naughtykitten.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tbh I am greatful for the swift banning, so thank you to which ever smod or admin did it.
    Let thier judgement be swift and only merciful in it's swiftness.

hullaballoo dunnit.
    Grow some manners. How would you like it if I called you a muppet? Muppet. See you in two months. Or rather, when you sign up your account to complain about the injustice of this ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

So yeah...
    I was thinking we need a boards award for feedback threads.

Sparky-s wrote:
    So yeah...
    I was thinking we need a boards award for feedback threads.
    That reminds me, I must give Ropeh a shout and start looking into the 2006 awards...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Funniest fight the power evar. Marvelous.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

upthere wrote:
    Its about time someone post on this thread who thinks on my wavelenght and not a moderator who thinks on a specific sprectrum
    So you are saying that you have only one thing on your mind and the mods have a whole spectrum of thoughts? Yeah, I think you're right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

upthere wrote:

I can't for the life of me think why you were banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ahh, to be 15 again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Damnit, this all happened just after I went to bed :(.

Stupid bed.

That's a lie, I love my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm still in bed. mmm...bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Last night, I warned this person in two different PI threads, and when they seemed to be quiet, I headed off to bed. But lo and behold, I miss all the craic.

Thanks to whoever gave the siteban. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

What the hell? He was hilarious?

Damn you for banning him!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

809388584419429705520550_get_real.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

What the hell? He was hilarious?

Damn you for banning him!

I agree, bring back the nut case! He was hilarious

upthere, we weren't laughing with you, we were laughing at you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Fess up guys, which one of you pissed in his cornflakes yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

upthere wrote:
    Don't negatively reply to this thread, if you are you are stupid!

Oh my gods, you're violating my freedom of speech!! Tyranny! Tyranny! Tyranny with dinosaurs and Nazis on top!

Advertisement