Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boards.ie freespeech with terms and conditions of that right?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

koneko wrote:
    Fess up guys, which one of you pissed in his cornflakes yesterday?
    I came in them. Do you think that was nicer of me, or nastier?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Talliesin wrote:
    Wouldn't have done him the honour tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Talliesin wrote:

It's a toss up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

No wonder Kellogg's cereals in Ireland contain more salt than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nothing like a good protein shake in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Wouldn't have done him the honour tbh.
    It was in honour of the cornflakes. They were the honey-nut type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Beruthiel wrote:
    It's a toss up
    Oh come on....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Feedback. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Even when they come in armed.

shooting-fish-in-a-barrel.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow... perhaps this was Lowtax buzzing past boards:

Buy meh stuff, tards!

Seriously, boggle just *boggle*...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Karoma wrote:
    bah!
    166814862519326180580945_naughtykitten.gif

Awwwwww... so cute! :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Of course, Dev here means Lowtax's "friend" Jeffk lest Goons start a Jihad towards boards.ie.

(I am protected)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

OP- if you express an opinion based on life experience, or which the majority of the population of the country/world share, expect a banning. There are a fierce amount of people on these boards with zero life experience, and you have to abide by their interpretations of unwritten rules not to be banned. Id name these members, only Id be banned myself (yis know who you are, Ive had words :) ) Particularly the liars..... :)

Actually, if you go to a boards beer and become mates with certain people who talk completely retarded utter sh1te and plain bare faced lies on forums such as AH, Politics and Humanities, usually in relation to political issues, it basiaclly exempts you from bannage no matter how outlandish your posts are, or how obvious your lies are. Also, please be aware that talking sh1te on things you may have not a clue about (such as drugs, politics, religion etc etc) is encouraged, as long as the viewpoint is completely out field from anyone who has a clue what theyre on about. Please remember to chastise these members for being out of touch, ignorant, bigoted or ...eh....sensible.

It also gives you permission to direct personal abuse without fear of being banned (even though its bannable for most members). Im all for mods such as ahem, X, being abusive to posters like they regularly do, as long as we can do the same. The personal abuse rule is simply a cloak for **** to hide behind.

So get to the oul beerfest lad.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats a complete load of rubbish Gopher.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the_syco wrote:
    Awwwwww... so cute! :o)
    Don't ask him how he made the kitten cry :eek:

Tha Gopher wrote:
    It also gives you permission to direct personal abuse without fear of being banned (even though its bannable for most members). Im all for mods such as ahem, X, being abusive to posters like they regularly do, as long as we can do the same. The personal abuse rule is simply a cloak for **** to hide behind.

Does that include open letter abusive sigs there, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Tha Gopher wrote:
    OP- if you express an opinion based on life experience, or which the majority of the population of the country/world share, expect a banning. There are a fierce amount of people on these boards with zero life experience, and you have to abide by their interpretations of unwritten rules not to be banned. Id name these members, only Id be banned myself (yis know who you are, Ive had words :) ) Particularly the liars..... :)

Actually, if you go to a boards beer and become mates with certain people who talk completely retarded utter sh1te and plain bare faced lies on forums such as AH, Politics and Humanities, usually in relation to political issues, it basiaclly exempts you from bannage no matter how outlandish your posts are, or how obvious your lies are. Also, please be aware that talking sh1te on things you may have not a clue about (such as drugs, politics, religion etc etc) is encouraged, as long as the viewpoint is completely out field from anyone who has a clue what theyre on about. Please remember to chastise these members for being out of touch, ignorant, bigoted or ...eh....sensible.

So get to the oul beerfest lad.

Indeed, get to the beerfests. Of course Tha Gopher here doesn't have the stones to do it or more than likely isn't old enough to purchase a beer. But hey, that's fight the powa merchants for you. All talk, no balls.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just when we thought this thread was winding down, in comes another highly insulted user who despite being outraged, continues to use the site. How unusual... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There's no free speech here.
    From now on each word will cost 1c.
    I just spent 2c. Wanna hear what I bought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

amp wrote:
    more than likely isn't old enough to purchase a beer.
    Oh come on, not everyone who spouts stupid meaningless drivel is underage.

Many posters are accused of being children when really they're just stupid and think nothing but meaningless drivel.

Gurgle wrote:
    Many posters are accused of being children when really they're just stupid and think nothing but meaningless drivel.

:eek: You're the little boy who's just shouted "But the Emperor's got no clothes on!" The potential that the whingers just whinger because they're dim is our dirty website secret. We never ever talk about it. Shhhhhhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

:eek: You're the little boy who's just shouted "But the Emperor's got no clothes on!" The potential that the whingers just whinger because they're dim is our dirty website secret. We never ever talk about it. Shhhhhhhh.
    doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

DeVore wrote:
    Thats a complete load of rubbish Gopher.

DeV.

Ah come on, WWMAN gives personal abuse the whole time.

Not that Ive a problem with it, its just that if one can do it why cant we all?

I remember the good ol days of boards, a spade was a spade and you could call a tosser a tosser......

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Gurgle wrote:
    Oh come on, not everyone who spouts stupid meaningless drivel is underage.

that's true.
    everyone i met at the beers last week told me they thought i was much younger than i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Tha Gopher wrote:
    I remember the good ol days of boards, a spade was a spade and you could call a tosser a tosser......

We don't need to call a tosser a tosser we can all spot one a mile off.
    OP- if you express an opinion based on life experience, or which the majority of the population of the country/world share, expect a banning. There are a fierce amount of people on these boards with zero life experience,

I wanted life experience but instead got zero life experience, basically the same but much lower calorie content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tha Gopher wrote:

Hmm, let me try something... You're a tosser!

Of course, I do like reading your rants, Gopher. You're an extremely entertaining tosser, so don't stop. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

foshorly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Technically being a tosser isn't even necessarily a 'bad' thing. You can't say it counts as 'abuse', like. Depends how the recipient takes it. I could take as much offense at being called a tosser as I could at being called a legend. Or a legendary tosser. Which I'm sure I am. I'm sure Hitler wouldn't ever have minded being called a Nazi but someone like Ghandi would've been pretty offended if called one.

Whoever posts after me is a tosser. Congrats on that, it's a good thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hope I wasnt beaten to it!

Anyway why dont whingers just fúck off to other sites?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

6th wrote:
    Anyway why dont whingers just fúck off to other sites?

You're still here....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Technically being a tosser isn't even necessarily a 'bad' thing. You can't say it counts as 'abuse', like. Depends how the recipient takes it. I could take as much offense at being called a tosser as I could at being called a legend. Or a legendary tosser. Which I'm sure I am. I'm sure Hitler wouldn't ever have minded being called a Nazi but someone like Ghandi would've been pretty offended if called one.

Whoever posts after me is a tosser. Congrats on that, it's a good thing! :)

Legendary Tosser? As in you'd hold some kind of world record for tossing? Wouldn't you need reconstructive surgery on your cock after that? Sounds painfull.

I suppose it is all in how someone takes it though, so you're a correct tosser. ;)

Advertisement