Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone 710

• 09-12-2006 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Just bought two 710's for €89 online . Was delivered next day. The phones are for two kids. I have to say I was quite impressed and they are dinky but full of features. Has anyone been using this phone ??? Just wondered what the general opinion on this handset was.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

You mean the 7110, don't you? The first WAP enabled Nokia phone - yeah it was hot when it first came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

My wife upgraded recently from Moto V55 to Vodafone 710 handset. She doesn't like the V710. The quality when making or receiving calls is not as good as the V55. The way of sending txt messages is cumbersome. She wants to go back to the old phone, but unfortunately the battery is banjaxed.

Has anyone else any views, good or bad, about the Vodafone 710?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I bought one of these just to try out the video calling. Great little phone for 89EUR + 120EUR credit free. Build quality feels cheap though. Texting is a pain alright but I put it down to the change from Nokia.

I love the video calling. T'is very very cool. Is it the same price as a normal voice call?

ambrose :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I have also just bought a V710, but I am struggling to transfer any data onto the MINI-SD card.

I also purchased a Card Reader which I hooked-up to my PC, I then downloaded a couple of songs onto the Mini Card' but ..............
    when I insert the Card back into the phone (No Songs)!

(They have been recorded on the Mini-SD card alright) because once the reader is hooked-up to my PC I can play them off the card!

Any ideas anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

I recently purchased this phone too. Its not bad but since I've previously only ever owned Nokia's I find it a bit awkward t get used to.

The main thing I find annoying is that Vodafone charge €40 for a data cable to connect this phone to a usb port. I've had a look online to see ifi could find one cheaper but no luck so far - anyone got any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

hooplah wrote:
    I recently purchased this phone too. Its not bad but since I've previously only ever owned Nokia's I find it a bit awkward t get used to.

The main thing I find annoying is that Vodafone charge €40 for a data cable to connect this phone to a usb port. I've had a look online to see ifi could find one cheaper but no luck so far - anyone got any ideas?

I just checked and the V710 has integrated bluetooth connectivity -- just use that instead of a data cable. Almost every computer has Bluetooth these days, even the Mac mini (which some would say isn't even a full computer), and you may have it without realising.

If you don't, you can purchase an inexpensive Bluetooth dongle for a lot less than €40!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Bluetooth

If you don't, you can purchase an inexpensive Bluetooth dongle for a lot less than €40!

thats a much better idea - cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Video calling is the same price as a voice call.

Great phone - great features - found the ringer/ringtones to be a little low though.

Advertisement