Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k800i sim

• 09-12-2006 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

my dad had an upgrade of o2(bill) so i took it off his hands and got the k800i upgrade. only thing is it came with a new 3G sim aswell that only fits in.

So does the sim supplied already have his info on it??

My prepay sim wont fit in so does any1 know wat can be done ie can u buy a 3G sim and keep ur own number and how much??

help appriacted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

my bro bought one on vodafone upgrade yesterday and his sim fits in perfectly. Maybe o2 did change the housing only way to find out is to ask them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

A 3g sim as they call it is no different physically. The only difference is the amount of memory it has on it. A 3g sim has 32kb onboard memory whereas a 2.5g sim has between 8kb and 32kb of onboard memory. The fact of the matter is that any sim card that has an onboard memory of 16kb or greater is compatibile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

AFAIK most SIM's in the last few years have had either 32 or 64KB on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

thanks for replies.

just 2 more Q's how can u find out how much memory u have on ur sim if possable or can u get an sim upgrade off o2???

• Advertisement

Sometimes it is printed on the SIM. For example, I got a SIM card from WIND in Italy, and "64k" is printed on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you want your SIM upgraded to a 3G one just go into a 3G/O2/Carphone and they'll do it for you.

The chips are the same size as already said, there's no reason your O2 SIM shouldn't work in the phone.

Don't forget to send out the MMS/GPRS settings from www.o2.ie/settings as it'll be setup for billpay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Actually just a further question on this one:

Just bought a SE K610i - but it's a christmas present. Want to upgrade my sim card anyways as I have a funny feeling that it may die on me soon enough - its 6 years old now.

Now I've bought a sim reader but it's back in Cork and I'm in Dublin - if I get a new sim card and get my account transferred to that will the sim reader still be able to get my numbers off the old card so I can transfer them over?

When you get your SIM changed in the shop ask them to copy your numbers too :)

And yes, your old SIM will remain accessable, it just won't have any network coverage.

You don't need a SIM reader, just copy the contacts on your old SIM to your phone, and than copy them back off the phone and onto your new SIM card! That's all they do in the shop anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah my phone isn't a fan of doing that - it's rather a pain tbh - plus sim reader is handy to have.

A lot of shops have sim copiers where they put the 2 SIMs in and it copys from one to the other!

Cool thanks, might get that done up here then rather than waiting until I go back home - my local o2 store generally not the greatest at a) knowing anything and b) having anything useful in there shop.

Advertisement