Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Afternoon Show from Eyre Square

Options
  • 09-12-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just wondering did anyone see The Afternoon Show on RTE1 go live from Eyre Aquare on Friday 8th December. Seemed like great craic alltogether and Blathnaid seemed great with the crowd.

Anyone there? Anyone get a word with Blathnaid or see them in Galway? Sheana wasn't in Galway for the show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

In all fairness, tvworshiper2006, who would stand out in the teaming rain to catch a glimpse of the Afternoon show?? :rolleyes:

Jaysus, I can't stand it if I caught it on the tele

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Mammy went. She claims make-up was touched up very often. Well, in fairness, it was raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Was KD seen?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

JohnCleary wrote:
    Was KD seen?! :D

I wasn't there but i'm sure the powers that be planned ahead and locked the troublseome scamp up somewhere. I wonder is there a special midget sized cell in garda stations. With a tiny little door and tiny bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

An a tiny electric chair, so if he steps out of line so he can ride the tiny lightning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I'm sure a 9 volt battery would have the desired effect!

Hell, a "AAA" battery should do it.

Hey, does anyone read that as "A-A-A" or immediately pronounce internally it "Triple A?"

Answers on a postcard, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Triple-A, unless ya wanna sound like a retard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JohnCleary wrote:
    Triple-A, unless ya wanna sound like a retard

Or a scouser?

Ay Ay Ay, alright alright calm down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I was on my way to work when it was on, i stopped for a second, seemed really boring to me. I dont like that show anyway and i wouldnt stand in the rain to watch the whole thing. I was just wondering what was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I missed the afternoon show but caught the early evening show at 5pm in Eyre Square (just opposite the Skeff). Featured a gang of drunk castlepark (or simular) youths (15-16 years) smashing a bottle over some unfortunate non national's head. They then chased him across across the square (in front of Fiber Magees), knocked him to the ground and bet the crap out of him. All this at 5pm in the evening. Took 15mins for the guards to arrive at which time they had scarpered.

Damn it, it's too bad "Seoige and O'Shea" were on at the same time.

Advertisement