Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License for Pistols?

Options
  • 09-12-2006 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Is there a seperate license one has to acquire for a pistol rather than a regular shotgun and are they more difficult to get from the guards? I mean what reason does one have to have a handgun other than to shoot gangsta rappers and such?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

[
    QUOTE=walt0r]Is there a seperate license one has to acquire for a pistol rather than a regular shotgun and are they more difficult to get from the guards
    ?

YES,read the forum

I
    mean what reason does one have to have a handgun other than to shoot gangsta rappers and such?
    :rolleyes:

Plenty of reasons,read the forum

Mods,how about a sticky here.How to apply for a liscense for a shotgun/rifle/pistol in Ireland in many ezy steps??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

[?

YES,read the forum

I :rolleyes:

Plenty of reasons,read the forum

Mods,how about a sticky here.How to apply for a liscense for a shotgun/rifle/pistol in Ireland in many ezy steps??

:rolleyes:

Que??? MANY Steps are needed to get a liscense here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Too many stickies/too few stickies, a mod just can't win in this forum :D

There's an article here on applying for a licence for a rifle or pistol, and much on the forum on people's experiences with the process. I'd rather we put together webpages explaining the process than stickies to be honest - you can do more with them that way. Formatting options are somewhat restricted by the forum software I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

I mean what reason does one have to have a handgun other than to shoot gangsta rappers and such?
    Cheers[/QUOTE]
    i find this post very odd
    Anyone who has gone to the bother of appling for any firearms license has no desire to use it in an inappropriate way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

dfaf wrote:
    i find this post very odd
    To be honest, I took it as a bad attempt at humour. And since noone's ever accused me of being gifted in that department, felt it really wasn't right to slag someone else off over it. Besides, it might be better to look at it as an opportunity to show just what's best about our sport...

Sparks wrote:
    Too many stickies/too few stickies, a mod just can't win in this forum :D

There's an article here on applying for a licence for a rifle or pistol, and much on the forum on people's experiences with the process. I'd rather we put together webpages explaining the process than stickies to be honest - you can do more with them that way. Formatting options are somewhat restricted by the forum software I'm afraid.

Agreed Sparks,and we must do the best with what we have.However it seems folks come here ask the same questions at least once a month on applications without having a look on the back posts, either thru laziness or no knowledge on how to check back posts,but seem to read the stikies quicker on a foroum than follow links.:confused:

Advertisement