Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliff Walk - Closed Again...

Options
  • 09-12-2006 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hiya Folks,

CathD's other half here. I went out for a run this morning, with the intention of going along the cliff walk. Anyway, there are a good number of temporary barriers blocking various sections of the walk, due to some slippage on the bend in the path a good bit up from Darcys field, just before where the steps are.

A real pity, and I hope it is repaired soon, as it is one of the most undervalued features of Greystones, nice on a day like this, but stunning during the Summer. I swear it has it's own micro-climate, with scenenry to match most of what I have seen elsewhere! Surely this could be done without having to get funding from a major harbour development. Probably another example of WCC, GTC (& Bray Town Council) not having enough resources/funding/willpower to ensure its future (in my opinion...).

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Get used to it!! When the Marina comes along it could be a long time before you can access the walk, if at all.

It would appear that when re-opened, the Cliff Walk will be improved at the Greystones end but will continue to fall into the sea further on past the gap bridge as there will be increased erosion in that area.

Swimming off the north beach will be very restricted also. You will have to go as far as the Gap bridge in order to swim and there is lilttle or no beach there at high tide.

I don't know what happens to the taxes we pay, but given that we pay management fees for the estates and developers have been given the harbour etc. to "look after" could it be that all our tax money is invested in our excellent transport systems?

Advertisement