Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Product without Packaging

Options
  • 09-12-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a new product yesterday and as always, I put the packaging in for recycling. I'm just wondering, if my product developed a fault within the 28 days or whatever and I wanted to return it, would the fact I don't have the packaging make a difference to my legal rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

none whatsoever, original packaging would only matter if you were returning the item because you didn't want it or some such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

As long as you retain your proof of purchase i.e. your receipt, you should have no hassle with returning if it is faulty. However, if you return it, simply because you dont like it, the store is under no obligation to take it back, as it wouldnt be in a resaleable condition.

Advertisement