Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 09-12-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,
    I have an interview in CityWest next week. I will be getting the train up, but should I get a taxi or is it too far out to citywest?

Or a bus?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Where are you coming from?
    Some Bus Éireann buses stop in City West.

The Dublin bus can be very slow sometimes (over an hour), but a taxi would cost you a bomb.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I wouldnt trust public transport to Citywest, especially for an interview. I have been on a bus to there for over two hours from the city centre! Get a taxi for the interview. For the future, there are nice quick private buses for 2 euro to and from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Larry_o_C

I'm coming from Galway, so I'm pretty sure the bus wouldn't be passing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I think it does actually... I have a memory of it going along that section of the Naas road...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could get the Galway bus to the Spa Hotel in Lucan and then get a taxi from there. Avoid coming into Dublin at all. Depends what time your interview is at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Larry_o_C

Cheers lads.

It's on at 3.30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

the 50, 65B and 69 go to citywest. you could get the LUAS to the square and 50 or 65B from there.

Or get the 69 or 65B from Eden Quay.

they all take bout an hour so give it an hour and a half to be sure, maybe more.

Advertisement