Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3g broadband download cap

Options
  • 09-12-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I just got vodafone 3g and i'm pretty happy with it so far, i'm getting speeds of 1.2mb/s in cork city. i'm a bit worried about the download cap though, i've seen it said on another thread that the 'unlimited cap' is more like 5Gb before you get a warning from vodafone? Is this true? I would nearly use 5 Gb a month just browsing alone!

Surely any broadband service should be minimum 10Gb a month, so to advertise it as unlimited but only allow for 5Gb seems very odd? Has anyone on the boards been pulled by vodafone for excessive usage, and if so how much were you downloading before they complained?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

are vodafone extending their 3g network aviablile into rural areas anytime soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

I heard somewhere that vodafone plan to take advantage of the lack of DSL availability in rural parts by using this technology alright....Anyone have any info on the caps?

Advertisement