Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrading the psp with firmware 2.60?

• 09-12-2006 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Not to sure if its ok to ask this around here seeing as how theres a thread saying "Dont talk about iso's/gamebackup" But this is about downgrading the firmware.

Only recently got into trying to downgrade my psp. But I hear that if I have psp firmware 2.60 i would need a copy of GTA:LCS - an unpatched copy it would seem. But I think all PAL copies of GTA:LCS are patched?

But anyways, my question is if i update the firmware to something higher than 2.60 would i for-go the need for GTA:LCS?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I downgraded from 2.71 without the need for GTA:LCS...

Google for firmware downdater and you should be able to find the stuff you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FridayNightKid

Damn,
    encountered a small snag.

Seems I need someone with a 1.5 psp to give me some file or something? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

Hey FridayNightKid,

Send me a PM if you're still having difficulties with the downgrading.
    I'll point you in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

Firstly check to make sure you don't have the ta-082 motherboard.

upgrade your psp to 2.71.

go to http://dax.lan.st/ and download
    Homebrew Enabler for 2.71 (Revision D)
    Update Flasher (generic downgrader) for 2.71

download the 1.50 eboot from www.pspupdates.com.

follow the instructions here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have a look around on the net and you will get what you need!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Am i right in saying if i upgrade from 2.60
    to 2.71 i dont need gat?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Take a look at the forums on www.psp-hacks.com and see if there is anything of use for you there!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

YUP

I just done it...lol iv a nice little 1.50 hehe

and there was me runnin all over the place
    lookin for a copy of gta....lmfao

Welcome to the world of 1.5 PSP!! ;)

Can you play GTA:LCS and other games on a 1.5 PSP though? (I thought they needed v2.0+) I was thinking about picking up one tonight and I would like to be able to play GTA and still have the possibility of homebrew games too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement