Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

• 09-12-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Just got the XBox 360 HD DVD player with free king kong.

have to say the quality is fantastic.

Are there any decent HD DVD titles?

I've been browsing on amazon, and there's not much in the pipeline.

Who's got a blu ray DVD or HD DVd player and what are your experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There is a thread in the Xbox forum though I suppose technically that thread could be in here or there with the overlap.

Got one myself as well very pleased with it.

As for titles Play.com is where I got two titles they also have US titles as well now apparently they aren't region coded yet. I asked in the thread above if anyone has tried it yet and one person is going to get a US HD-DVD and see what happens.

Play keeps running out of stock due to demand so if you see something in get it while you can.

Other other place I have seen recommend but not used myself yet is AxelMusic they stocks lots of US HD-DVD titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Derekm323f

I bought two of these, one for my xbox downstairs and one to hook up to my pc upstairs via a 32" lcd, i have also bought about 14 HD DVD's online from, DVDPacific and HiDEfdvd.com, both much cheaper than here.

Derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Thread resurrection :)

Just as an update to this I did buy some HD-DVD's from AxelMusic and had no problems at all. Look great on my 37" HDTV as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Does the Xbox HD DVD Player act as a DVD Upscaler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Dman001 wrote:
    Does the Xbox HD DVD Player act as a DVD Upscaler?

No.
    The 360 itself will act as an upscaler , if VGA output is used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I watched Happy Feet on mine last night and it looked great.

This was bought on Playusa.com and had a regular DVD version on the flip side, but that wouldn't play on the Xbox due to region coding. But the HD version was fine.

I love the zoom function in it. You can zoom in about 8x without any real loss of quality.

Too bad the 360 is so bloody noisy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Too bad the 360 is so bloody noisy though.

Aye. I'm nerly tempted to throw it into the cabinet in the next room because of noise levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

hottstuff wrote:
    No.
    The 360 itself will act as an upscaler , if VGA output is used.
    Thanks

Advertisement