Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router + eircom question

Options
  • 09-12-2006 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

My parents have an eircom broadband connection at home and my father has asked me to pick up a wireless router for him in the city. I have a cable router in my own house but the connection at home uses a usb plug-in for the bband connection.
    The Question is: Do I need to get an ASDL ruter or will a cable one do (assuming the usb device is connected to one or the other). If anyone has any experience with this could they get back to me. Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

PC world have an eircom starter pack with wireless adsl modem for only €24.99 (orange box) which is all you need , a cable modem is not suitable tech wise

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

many thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How long have your parents had the bb connection? Eircom have been giving out a wireless router/modem for a while now.

Advertisement