Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glen Lee R.I.P.

• 09-12-2006 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

It is was deep regret that I must tell you of the sudden death of one of hospital radio's most loved presenters last night. I received a call this morning from a current presenter at the station (Rob Davis). Glen most certainly helped many a radio career start in this country. He has been involved with Beaumont Radio for nearly 20 years and was also heavily involved in the Elvis Presly Fan Club. I was told only yesterday he was putting the decorations up at the Hospital Radio Station in Beaumont Hospital during his Elvis Presley Show (which he would broadcast every Friday morning)
    Glen you will be sadly missed and I will always be grateful for the help and support you gave me when I was starting my career in broadcasting.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

I Never heard of the chap, but i'd gladly salute any man who dedicated that long to a community project.
    R.I.P. Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Loretto Martin

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind

And thats what everyone who knows Jerry are sharing now
    He gave everyone their own personal memory of laughter,
    good humour, dodgy driving of roundabouts, dessert stealing,
    bone crushing hugs like he wasnt going to see you for a year.

And the music - ah well thats the soundtrack of his life,
    I dont think The King would mind if I surmised that his pal
    Jerry's memory will live as long as his, and as one of his
    daughters said he finished up every show...

Goodnight God Bless and Safe Home - See you Later, PAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Ahh - I heard something on community radio about a guy called Glen who had died - they were talking to his friends and from that brief snippet I really had a good feeling about the guy. Now I know who he was. Sorry to hear this, even tho I didn't know him he really sounded like the salt of the earth. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just to say that I heard that also. It was nice to hear others talking about him that way. I managed to get to the removal on Tuesday evening and tha amount of people there blew me away. He touched many people's hearts over the years. There was at least 1200 people there.

I believe that the station is to remain closed this week as a mark of respect to Glen. I just hope that Beaumont Hospital realise how much time and effort Glen put into the station over the years. Glen would not like the station to close even after his untimely departure. I also hear that its in limbo at present with no involvement from Hospital staff or management. They'd rather it gone if you ask me. Its a thorn in their side and has been for a long time. GLln kept that light shining down there for a long time. Lets hope someone can keep it going.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Loretto Martin

That would be a shame as it was one of Jerry's (Glen Lee) great passions
    is there a college or course, who would think it would be excellent
    on the job opportunity to train the next generation of radio personalities, producers and technicians.

Hopefully there will be some form of recognition of the work put in by
    Jerry and its importance of its positive effect on the patients/staff in the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tracey o shea

There will be a months mind mass for my Dad "glen lee" on Tuesday 9th January 2007 in The church of the Annunciation @ 7.30.

May i also take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the Removal and Funeral.We knew our dad was special but just didn't realise he had meant so much to so many people.

Advertisement