Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't reply in this group

Options
  • 09-12-2006 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to reply to the thread "Month ban on adverts causing problems on boards" but am getting the "you do not have permission to access this page"?

Anyway, my reply was just in reponse to Seamus "so maybe it's just no been reported before." The same thing happened to me. I was banned from adverts but I couldn't access any of adverts or boards forums, not even to read.

Any time I logged in it directed me to a page saying I was banned, and that's all I could do. I didnt report it because I thought that was the normal (very tough!) procedure.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

In the Help Desk forum, only the opening poster, SMods and Admins can reply to a thread.

The issue there was that one or two pages on boards.ie weren't accessible to the poster. They weren't hugely important pages, so no remedy was looked into.

In your case, it must have been that you were banned from both boards.ie and adverts.ie. There's a slight difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

is that the normal? When banned from adverts you are given a complete ban from boards & adverts? even from reading?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It depends on what you do. The moderator who bans you has an option to ban you from both sites, or just from adverts.

It depends on the gravity of what you did and whether it's adjudged to potentially affect one or both sites.

Advertisement