Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyeliner and Eyeshadow

• 09-12-2006 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend good non-crease make up. My eyeliner (pencil) and eye shadow aren't lasting on my eyes and they are creasing. I have found this with a number of brands (L'Oreal, No7, Avon). Also I dont want to use liquid eyeliner as I cant apply it properly :( . Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I always suffered from this problem, and i've finally managed to beat it with a combination of two things.

Firstly, I bought an eyeshadown brush from Mac, and instead of brushing the eyeshadow over the lid, I dab it on, if you understand. It seems to hold better that way. The better quality the eyeshadow, the better it seems to last as well.

Secondly, and this is a secret, I found a shop when I was in Amsterdam called "Hema", a kind of Penneys/H&M mix type place, and in their own-brand make-up section (Miss Helen was the brand I think), I found an eyeshadow base for about €3. You just put a little coat on before the eyeshadow. This stuff is amazing. I leave the house at 8am and my eyeshadow is still perfect at 10pm at night.

With regards to eyeliner, I also invested in an eyeliner brush from Mac, and I use dark eyeshadow that I just dab along the eye. I find it really hard to use pencils as they drag the skin, and liquid eyeliners demand too much precision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Thanks, I'll definately invest in some good brushes, as for that wonder-product from Holland, it looks like I'll have to do without!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Mac eye-liner and eye-shadows are brilliant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got the hang of liquid liner really quickly. If you can, sit down and rest your elbow at a comfortable height on a counter with a mirror. Then, keeping your elbow in the same place and only moving your hand, quickly draw on the eyeliner. If you need to, you can use your eyelashes to help. Sort of draw along the base of them.

It might take one or two goes, but I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

One thing that I forgot to mention... Being able to use eyeshadows as an eyeliner means that you have a huge range of colours to choose from, when you want an extra kick to your makeup. You can make it as heavy or as light as you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Another vote for Mac - their fluidline gel eyeliner is particularly good, stays on all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Mac Mac Mac!... Mac!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SueL

Hi girls,

When i'm doing my eye make up I sweep the powder I use on top of the foundation over my eyelids. Its a really good, dry base. I usually even put an extra coat on just to be sure the eyeshadow will last the day without creasing. Its a realy simple solution that works! When I do bridal make-ups at work the Brides always comment afterwards at how well their eyeshadow stayed on. By the way, the powder I have been using is No.7.

Give it a try! :)

isadora eyeshadow and clinique eyeliner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I find that if I use a face powder before I put on the eye shadow, it generally doesn't crease much. And yes, buying better quality eye shadow helps.

However, I find it a nightmare to find a good liquid eye liner. I had one from Maybelline and it was brill, no smudge stayed put forever. When it was empty, they didn't do that particular one any more and I bought one from Maxfactor, which isn't that great as it smudges onto my eyeshadow very easily, particularly if the eye shadow is shimmery or sparkly :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Mac Fluidline & Mac angled brush. Flawless everytime and lasts all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Faith wrote:
    I got the hang of liquid liner really quickly. If you can, sit down and rest your elbow at a comfortable height on a counter with a mirror. Then, keeping your elbow in the same place and only moving your hand, quickly draw on the eyeliner. If you need to, you can use your eyelashes to help. Sort of draw along the base of them.

It might take one or two goes, but I love it!

I do the exact same thing! Once you start using it you can do it really easily. I prefer my liquid eyeliner to my pencil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

dudara wrote:
    IFirstly, I bought an eyeshadown brush from Mac, and instead of brushing the eyeshadow over the lid, I dab it on, if you understand. It seems to hold better that way. The better quality the eyeshadow, the better it seems to last as well..

Completely agree! Go into MAC and invest in a couple of good brushes and some of their powder shadows.......life changing!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I find the GOSH brand really really good, for eye make up anyway.
    Or there is one from avon that looks like lipgloss, (wand and stuff), that is REALLY good!
    As for the liquid, once you get used to it its so easy, good light and steady hand!!
    You will need good brushes also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

use a base on your eyes - a little face powder is fine or you can get specific eye bases from cliniqueor benefit. A mac eyeshadow brush is a must have it makes such a difference!
    Eyeshadows from benefit are fantastic and last ages as do isa dora and gosh make up (esp the glitter eye powders). As for eyeliner - barry M is just the best you can get it in super drug or on asos.com

Seeing as Mac isnt available where I live, a trip to Dublin is in order. Thanks for the tips, they've been most helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Any Kohl eyeliner, a sharpnener and by Loreal is really good
    Eyeshadow, the little tubs by bourgois are really good, long as you wet the applicator before use! :)

Well the Kohl eyeliner with the sharpener by LOreal, is the one I'm currently using and I find it terrible. Its gone after an hour.

Advertisement