Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning Point predictions

• 09-12-2006 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Yet another PPV but this one should be a breath of fresh air compared to the last PPV craptacular we had to sit through. Here are my predictions for Turning Point...

Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle II

I think Joe will get the win back here, most likely through illegal means - pulling the tights, holding the ropes etc.

Abyss vs Sting vs Christian Cage (NWA World Heavyweight Title)

I'd be surprised if Abyss lost the title after a month. I think Abyss will win by pinning Sting thus keeping Christian's streak alive.

Christopher Daniels vs Chris Sabin (X Division Title) / Special Ref: Jerry Lynn

Jerry Lynn as special ref suggests to me that a heel turn is coming. I'm going with Sabin to win through Lynn's help.

Latin American Exchange vs America’s Most Wanted (Flag Match)

I like LAX and think they are one of the hottest things in TNA right now. I'll go with LAX to win this one.

A.J. Styles versus Rhino

Should be a good match this one. I'll pick Styles here.

Alex Shelley vs Austin Starr vs Jay Lethal vs Sonjay Dutt vs Senshi (Paparazzi Championship Series Elimination Match)

Don't really care about this but I think it will be Shelley.

Eric Young versus Ms. Traci Brooks in a Bikini Contest

Ugh. Don't give a damn. I can't stand Eugene...er I mean Eric Young. Bathroom break this one...

I hope Angle/Joe is given a lot of time on this show. If it is I think the two of them will deliver in a big way. The Styles/Rhino match has had the best build-up in my opinion and I think it will be one of, if not the, best matches of the night. I'm looking forward to this show.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Joe and Angle were given 30 minutes on the last show and it was Angle's decision to go home early.

With Angle pinning Joe twice, Joe needs a clean win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Joe and Angle were given 30 minutes on the last show and it was Angle's decision to go home early.

They were NOT given thirty minutes. In fact, I don't believe they even got twenty.

Les Thatcher wrote a column where he made the point that it's almost impossible to have a great match when you have to condense things into such a short amount of time.

Edit: And just to prove my point see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_Genesis_2006
    Kurt Angle defeated Samoa Joe (13:42)
    Angle forced Joe to submit with an Ankle Lock.

Hell they didn't even make 15 minutes. Where on earth did you get thirty from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

They were NOT given thirty minutes. In fact, I don't believe they even got twenty.

?
    You misinterprated what I said.

They were. TNA gave them 25 (30 minutes max) for their last match. Kurt Angle ended the match early. He made that decision to end early at 13 minutes. There was not a time constraint issue and TNA made every effort and succeeded in giving them 25-30 minutes at the end of the show.

Thats all from the Wrestling Observer 2 weeks ago. Meltzer went into great detail about it with the most likely reason being that Angle gassed. Its an interesting issue. You can order it here: http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=18106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

im REALLY looking forward to two matches........

ANGLE VS JOE II..................I think that joe will win this one but I hope that it is as good as the first.....
    STING VS CHRISTIAN VS ABYSS.......I think that abyss will retain the title and possible turn on james mitchell...

Then theres the other matches that will be interesting......
    AJ VS RHINO..........I cant pick a winner in that one...
    LAX to lose in their match.....I dont think TNA will want anything but the american national anthem being played.
    In the X division title match I also suspect jerry lynn being the ref as being a bit sinister so I think he will turn heel and sabin will win.....

All in all it will be a good PPV(Unlike d2d last week) and lets see what surprises TNA throw at us this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You misinterprated what I said.

They were. TNA gave them 25 (30 minutes max) for their last match. Kurt Angle ended the match early. He made that decision to end early at 13 minutes. There was not a time constraint issue and TNA made every effort and succeeded in giving them 25-30 minutes at the end of the show.

Thats all from the Wrestling Observer 2 weeks ago. Meltzer went into great detail about it with the most likely reason being that Angle gassed. Its an interesting issue. You can order it here: http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=18106

Yeah I was aware of that I just thought you were saying the match had lasted thirty minutes. My mistake. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle II

Makes sense for Joe to win, but unfairly. Although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Angle win again

Abyss vs Sting vs Christian Cage (NWA World Heavyweight Title)

Abyss to win, hopefully Tomko kicks someone in the face. There's a big boot, and there's a Tomko kick to the face!

Christopher Daniels vs Chris Sabin (X Division Title) / Special Ref: Jerry Lynn

It'd be deadly if Jerry got back wrestling. That'd be worth seeing. Daniels to retain here though

Latin American Exchange vs America’s Most Wanted (Flag Match)

AMW to win, simply because I can't see them playin the Mexican national anthem, everyone would be booing it and it'd come across very racist. Although most fans probably prefer LAX. Possible
    I think Konnan is gettin hip replacement surgery after this match, so he probably won't be too involved for a while after this

A.J. Styles versus Rhino

Lookin forward to this the most. Rhino to win, makin AJ more mad. That interview with AJ was painful to watch, but Rhino's one of the best mic workers on tv these days

Alex Shelley vs Austin Starr vs Jay Lethal vs Sonjay Dutt vs Senshi (Paparazzi Championship Series Elimination Match)

Austin to win, Dutt to be dqed for steroids

Eric Young versus Ms. Traci Brooks in a Bikini Contest

Eric Young! Haha. Hope they have their new interviewer girl on screen for a while too!

Lookin forward to this. I was surprised by what Angle said in an interview, that him Angle slamming Joe at the end of the last Impact match was unscripted. Would've been better if he hadn't done it. I think he's seriously lost the plot. He also looked tired in that match, but the ppv match should go longer

Advertisement