Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like xmas?

Options
  • 09-12-2006 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Now, a time for bah humbug...

I absolutely love this time of year, by ''this'', i mean the run up to xmas.. The lights, the decor, the coca cola ad on tv and xmas movies... It really is a magical time:p

However, xmas DAY on the other hand, imo of course, is the most depressing ****ing day on this planet.. It's just soooo damn boring. I have my reasons for thinking this, but does anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

xmas day is ok but xmas eve is the best day of the xmas season, getting locked and the anticipation of opening the pressies the following morning are what make xmas eve the best day for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I love the run up to Christmas for all the reasons you mentioned, but then come Christmas day there is sort of the 'Oh well, thats Christmas day over again' feeling. But then I love the couple of days after Christmas when the old classics are on tv, you can play with your toys (or whatever Mr Claus brought you :D ).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I used to love Christmas when I was younger but now days I pretty much hate it. It still has its moments but all the rampant consumerism has ruined the spirit of it IMO. It just seems like the whole point of Christmas has gotten lost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think Christmas day is incredibly boring too, and that is why I always ask for something I can play with! Last year, I got the Sims 2 and the Sims 2 University from my mum and the next 3 days just passed away in a blur.

If I get gifts I can't play with, then I get bored and restless.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i love Stephens'day because it means the whole damn thing is done and over with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:rolleyes:

I love this time of year. Great to be around family etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved down 'ere from AH.

Love everything about Christmas, though frustrating at times with the shopping, the crowds and the bashing of trolleys. Good glavin! I have had a few tough Christmases over the last few years and I vowed to enjoy it more after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I'm glad that i actually don't have any xmas shopping to do, apart from kris kindle in work. But i also don't really get any presents:(

I'd love to be excited on xmas morning about what presents i got, but it just doesn't happen anymore.. Instead i look outside and see little ****ers on their bikes.... no, wait, they don't get bikes anymore, they get ****ing mini choppers and stuff:rolleyes:

I do like it now though, especially in work, the decorations are up, i have lots of tinsel on my desk:) And people are generally happier and festive, it's really nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Hate the day, hate the run-up, there's almost nothing I like about it actually. Sometimes there's a good film or two on the telly, but that's the best thing I can say about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

LundiMardi wrote:
    Now, a time for bah humbug...

I absolutely love this time of year, by ''this'', i mean the run up to xmas.. The lights, the decor, the coca cola ad on tv and xmas movies... It really is a magical time:p

I guess I'm the complete opposite, I don't find anything magical about lights or coco-cola ads but I do love my christmas day dinner with all the trimmings yummy! =) ,The delicious food and the general lazying around make it a pretty great day for me tbh. :)

cozmik

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

julep wrote:
    i love Stephens'day because it means the whole damn thing is done and over with.

My thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I ADORE Christmas! I love the run up to it with all the lights and decorations and everything. I love Christmas day too, just relax and watch good telly/new dvds. Going to my aunt in London for Christmas this year so should be fun. I am a bit biased though because my birthday is on Christmas day so I get completely spoiled! In fact theres a big Christmassy rant in my boardsie blog!

Advertisement