Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sevilla vs Real SS2 now

• 09-12-2006 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Barac won 1-0 earlier in and had 3 goals disallowed, Ronnie getting the winner, Sevilla vs Real on now and Sevilla going right at Real who have RVN and Ronaldo up front and beckham starting.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Real Beckham from a free kick :p (didnt mean it tho)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-1

Kanoute 17 mins after an awesome stike from Fabiano came back off the bar (fabiano ran off celebrating the strike was that good, nearly died when it the bar :D )

Cracking game :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Certainly living up to it's billing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Cracking game, I suspected it would be. I'm on over 2.5 goals, so happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Wow Sevilla are really awesome at home! I missed most of the game but for them to their maintain 100% record there against the best away team in the division is very impressive, especially after going a goal down. I'd really love to see them win the league this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kinaldo wrote:
    I'd really love to see them win the league this season.

Me too, a great team and I reckon we'll both be unhappy in the Wafer Cup with them still involved.

Kanoute with his 11th of the season, and we favoured Mido over him...:rolleyes: :(

Gabriele Marcotti (Talksport presenter and respected Italian football journalist who used to write for The Times + many others) was saying today what an amazing team Sevilla are and how their manager Juande Ramos is an "absolute genius", and that we may see him in the Premiership soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kinaldo wrote:
    how their manager Juande Ramos is an "absolute genius", and that we may see him in the Premiership soon...

Suspect this comes fromthe same source, but when Martin Jol was considering taking the reins at Ajax, Spurs are rumoured to have approached Ramos as a replacement, and he's said to have been interested.

What vacancies will be coming up in the not to distant? Spammers (though you'd have to question the wisdom of anyone who paid £90m for them, did you see his face on Saturday @ Bolton? :D ) What about Roeder's position?

What about Roeder's position?
    Apparently Freddie Shephard isn't too keen on foreign managers ever since Ruud Gullit, even though Ruud didn't ask the club for a penny in compensation. Maybe in the distant future we'll be lucky enough for Ramos to even consider us.

Interesting that Reyes' every touch was warmly cheered by the Sevilla fans compared to the jeers Sergio Ramos had to endure.

Also, some comments from Phil Ball's latest Spanish football column on Soccernet (another excellent read and always something for me to look forward to on Monday, or Tuesday in this case...) caught the eye:
    Beckham scored a cracking free-kick, but it wasn't just the goal that caught the attention, nor the fact that with this game he overtook Gary Lineker to become the Englishman who has played most games in the Spanish top flight. Steve McLaren really should think again, since it seems insane to deprive England of their best passer. So Beckham's not quick. So he doesn't take people on. So what? His use of the ball, in the first half particularly, was a wonderful example of how technique and positioning are all that's required.
    The end of Ronaldo, Carlos, Beckham and Raúl? Their deaths have been announced on numerous occasions over the past twelve months, but in the first half at least, you had to sit back and admire their energetic refutation of such nonsense - much of it written in this column.
    Full article

• Advertisement
Advertisement