Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Shower Switch problem

Options
  • 09-12-2006 10:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have a Triton power shower, and it has a switch which is in the hotpress. It accidentally blew one day ( from being left on for a few days unused). We flicked the trip switch and all seemed well.

Then, when I had a shower, I tried to turn off the switch, but its now stuck in the 'on' position and won't turn off.

Any ideas?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Sounds like its going to need a new switch. For some reason, it has "fused" or perhaps part of the plastic workings of the switch has melted. Sometimes this can happen if one of the cables works loose which can happen because of the heating and cooling each time the shower is used.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

We've turned off the switch for the shower on the fuse board - would it still be safe to use the shower or is it best to get the switch replaced before using it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Best to get switch replaced. It overheated and melted do there must be a problem with it. I would not recommend using the shower.

Advertisement