Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did your meet your current or most recent partner?

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 CharLit

In a park, juggling. Damn hippies! :)

4 years & counting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I first made thier aquaintance at a boards awards 4 years ago.

Then a few months back after this year boards awards we both happened to be on irc in the small hours of the morning chatting and agreed to meet up for lunch the next day.

The next day was eating sushi in the park, pottering around an art gallery,
    grabbing a bite to eat, then going to the pub and then back to mine.

It wasn't ment to be a date but my midnight had turned into one
    and it has been 8 months and counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

About 4 months ago, a friend of a friend, chance encounter in a café, where we discussed how she could best go about having her wicked way with the flatmate she had a crush on. I suggested a large steam-powered device that held him in place and did all the work, while simultaneously keeping him drugged up enough not to struggle and ruin the moment. There may have been spikes too, for the sake of spiky steampunk goodness.

She made me a Hello Cthulhu tshirt for Christmas. Clearly my advice back then was enough to make her reconsider things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭custardcreams

well i had 3 online things going on...knocked them on loaf someone materialised into real life

its a mad world

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

met my horndog after a friend told me we'd be perfect together, took his number from her and rang him every sat nite after a few scoops, then he would ring back on sunday nite after he had a few scoops! Eventually this became habitual and i was talking to all his friends, his barman etc....eventually, after over a year of boozy phonecalls and loads of laughter we decided we'd meet in person (we live 110 miles from each other). It was the most nerve wrecking journey I ever made, cos I thought what if we don't like each other physically, it could be awkward, but, hey, we met and love blossomed...we're together now for 6 years...still live 110 miles apart, still laughing, still making calls and doing alot of driving!;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sarky wrote:

She made me a Hello Cthulhu tshirt for Christmas. Clearly my advice back then was enough to make her reconsider things.
    The way to any mans heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

On megaphobia in oakwood.. I was with a group of friends and so was she. Complete strangers i got on and being the ***** that they are my mates threw me in beside the girl at the back who had nobody to sit beside either. She grabbed my hand on the first big drop.. We kissed by the end.. Together 2 years now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I met my current girlfriend through boards. Had met at some of the beers and had been talking one evening and decided to meet up (in a non-romantic/sexual way!) one day we were both off cause we'd nothing better to do. A most excellent day spent together later and we were all smoochy boochy :) It's been 9 months and counting and has made for a very happy Dav.

[edit]She got a Cthulhu related gift this festive season - I wonder should we replace Santa with Him?[/edit]

boards.ie - now yer shaggin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Déjà Vu all over again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Met her at the spire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Ah Deja vu indeed. Great thread though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

At a client's xmas party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

He came up and sat beside me at the QOTSA/Foo Fighters gig in Hyde Park in London last year because his freind was going to the toilet. Romantic or wha'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Met her at the spire.

Me 2 :D

in the summer at the spire !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cassie2007

He was my brother's friend....took a while before the lads stopped calling him 'sister snatcher'....

Advertisement